New Car

"Ok Mr. Witwicky your next" The history teacher Mr. Honsey, called. He looks eager for today's lesson to end so he could go home and rest.

Then, Komi saw Sam approach the front of the class while carrying his bag in his hand. He then tipped it upside down, letting everything inside spill onto the table, and some of it even hit the floor. Komi just sit quietly as she just look at her poor brother.

"Sorry, I got a lot of stuff" Sam said, trying to make an excuse quickly. I watched as the class laughed at Sammy's stupidity. she felt bad about it. He was trying his best to get his prize..

"Okay. Um. So for my family genealogy report, I decided to do it on my great-great-grandfather, who was a famous man, Captain Archibald Witwicky. Very famous explorer. In Fact, he was one of the first... to explore... the Arctic Circle, which is a big deal" Sam explained

"In 1897, he took forty-one brave sailors straight into the Arctic Shelf" Sam explained his great-great-grandfather's journey by displaying a map to us. Komi listened to most of his explanation.

"So that's the story, right? And here we have some of the basic instruments and tools used by nineteenth-century seamen"

Sam said showing us the instruments. The students began to chuckle right away, but Sam didn't appear to care and kept going. Komi saw Mr. Hosney hold a sign with the words "silence" on it. As if that would stop everyone from laughing.

"This here is the quadrant, which you can get for eighty bucks. It's all for sale, by the way. Like the, uh, the sextant here" Sam said. And once again the class erupted into a soft laughter.

"Fifty dollars for this, which is a bargain. These are pretty cool. These are my grandfather's glasses. I haven't quite gotten them appraised yet, but they've seen many cool things" He said.

Komi hurriedly covered her face with her book because she couldn't bear to see her brother make himself look more worse.

Everything, even those glasses, is important to their family's past. He can't just sell them at school for a few dollars....

"Are you going to sell me his liver? Mr. Witwicky, this isn't a show and sell. It's the eleventh grade. I don't think your grandfather would be particularly proud of what you're doing" Mr Hosney finally spoke up. He sounded bored and annoyed with what Sam was doing and honestly.

"I know. I'm sorry. It just, you know, this is all going towards my car fund. You can tell your folks. It's on e-Bay, I take PayPal. Cold hard cash works, too. And the compass makes a- a great gift for Columbus Day" Sam tried to continue making the class laugh at him again, but Mr Hosney didn't find any of that funny because he snapped.

"SAM!" He yelled at him.

"Sorry. Um, unfortunately, my great-great-grandfather, the genius that he was, wound up going blind and crazy in a psycho ward, drawing these strange symbols and babbling on about some, uh, giant ice man that he thought he'd discovered" but Sam was cut short by the bell ringing.