Italy - part 2 / Travel

**Sunday 23th of July, the gp of Imola**

Lando's pov
I wake up on my left side as my right side is bruised and I probably have a broken rib, I turn carefully but fail as I get pain instantly. I let out a loud groan in pain and accidentally wake up Ems. "I- *groans in pain* -am so sorry my love" I say as I turn towards her, my face contorts of pain as I lay on the wrong side to face Ems.

"Love turn on your back, I don't want your rib stabbing an organ" Ems says as she sits up in bed. I turn on my back and let Ems look at my ribs, "it's really swollen Lan, you can't race like this." Ems says and grabs my phone. "Hey what are you-" but I get shushed by Ems.

"Hey Andrea Stella! It's Emma, Lando's girlfriend. I wanted to inform you that Lando probably has a broken rib and didn't want to tell you" I hear Ems say as she gets off the bed and opens the curtains. "Hey stop that!" I whisper to her but she lays her finger on my lips. "Yes his rib cage is very swollen, bruised and it looks like a rib is out of place." Ems continues.

"Yes thank you, I'll let him know." She says and hangs up the phone, "Charlotte will go to the hospital with you as she knows how to speak Italian." Ems says and hands me my phone. "Ems." I say sad, "no Lan, I don't want you to get hurt more" Ems says and sits back down on the bed.

"I know, it's just that I have never missed a race" I say a little defeated but thankful for her caring of course. "I'm sorry. But-" Ems tries but I shush her, "thank you" I say and kiss her cheek. "Besides I think I would have fainted in the car because of the pain." I say chuckling. Then we hear a knock on our hotel door.

Ems goes into the bathroom to change while I put on jogging pants fast over my boxers and open the door. "Hey- *groans in pain* Charlotte" I say and lay my hand on my ribcage. "Wow you look bad, Lando sit down you're turning really pale." Charlotte says and gently guides me back to the bed.

Suddenly I feel very nauseous, "please get- *groans in pain*" I try to say but fail, "EMMA!" Charlotte yells as she already knows what I was about to ask. "YEAH!?" I hear her yell back and a little panicky. "Lando is asking for you!" Charlotte yells as I bury my face in my hands and let it rest in them.

"Hey I'm here" I hear Ems say and right after I feel her warm hands on my wrists. "I really don't feel good" I say to her as I still have my face resting in my hands. "Charlotte he really needs to get to the hospital" Ems says worried as I feel her warm hands depart from my wrists.

"My love, put this shirt on please" Ems says, I look up from my hands. I see double for a little but then see Ems squatting in front of me with a white t-shirt in her hands. "Sure" I say and groan out in pain as Ems helps me putting on my shirt. "Jesus who did that to you Lando" Charlotte asks as she sees my bruised and swollen ribcage. "Ems looks at Charlotte.

"No, no, no, don't tell me it was.." Charlotte says hinting on Nikita, "yeah it was" I bring out between groans of pain. "That son of a-" Charlotte tries, "Charlotte!" Me and Ems say in sync and laughing because Charlotte wanted to say that. But my laughing turns into pain really fast, "okay come on Lando" Charlotte says as Ems has helped me putting on my shoes.

"Good luck today my love" I say to Ems before I leave with Charlotte for the hospital. "Thank you baby, I love you. Let me know how it went" Ems says to me and kisses me softly. "I love you more and of course" I say as Charlotte helps me to the elevator. Ems is almost late for fanzone so she makes a piece of bread fast and runs to the parking lot of the hotel.

"CHARLOTTE WAIT!" I hear a familiar voice yell to my PR coach before we get in a car to the hospital. "You have to stay with Carlos for PR stuff, me and Pietra will go with him to the hospital." Max Fewtrell says as him and Pietra run up to us. "Are you okay with that Lando?" Charlotte asks me. "Yes, if we just go now. I can't hold this pain any longer" I say weak and in pain.