Chapter One: Kuzco's Discovery

Kuzco woke up with a breakfast tray at the end of his bed and he saw a bouquet of roses next to the breakfast table. He'd been nicer and less demanding of his staff, and only ate Eggs, bacon, whey, and some chorizo. He had a pinch of seasoning on his whey and dug in. He suddenly noticed that his Eggs and bacon were arranged in a smiley face.
He wondered who had done that.

He got up out of bed and changed his clothes. He let go of the theme song guy because he was no longer needed, and remained close friends with him and Kronk.
Kronk had found his soulmate recently, Kuzco heard.
He said that his soulmate found him via a matchmaker.

The kingdom had come to like the new Kuzco, as he also did more charitable actions nowadays.
But something was still missing.
He needed somebody to love.
So he, too, decided to go to the match maker and he rode his trusty llama.

When he got there, he made a dramatic entrance and put 5 gold coins on the matchmaker's desk.
“Hi, I'd like a romantic reading, please.” he said.
“Well, child, you nearly startled this old lady half to death, you hear?”
said Mama Odie.
“Well, I'm sorry. Were you asleep? 'Cuz I can come back later.” said Kuzco, backing away.

“Oh, it's all right, come on in, take a seat!” said Mama Odie.
“All right, so what can you tell me? Cuz I've heard some good things about you.” said Kuzco, crossing his legs and folding his hands.

“Hmm, it says here that the love of your life is right in plain sight.”
said Mama Odie.
“What? Kronk said that his mate knew exactly where to find him!”
“Well, I gave him directions to the woods, but they found each other because of fate. You already know yours, you just have to know where to look.”
“Hmm... Sounds like a mystery to unravel...” said Kuzco.
“How much would it be to buy a clue?”
“You have a limit of three clues you may request, and each clue costs a single coin.”
Kuzco desperately laid down another coin.
His rose garden appeared on the crystal ball.
“Ok, should I be looking for a boy or girl?” asked Kuzco.
“The ball knows what's in your heart, and the heart wants what it wants.” said Mama Odie.
“All right, does that count as a hint?” asked Kuzco.
“No, child, that one's on the house.”
Said Mama Odie.
“All right, I guess I'll go to my garden.”
So, sort of disappointed, but still holding on to hope, Kuzco went home. Kuzco got off of his llama and walked on the garden path.