Sure Has Been Some Week, Hasn't it?

Start from the beginning

"Don't even bring Jason up, ok?" Claire said defensively. "And as far as Harry's behavior goes, he was just looking out for me. He's my best friend. He was just being protective. Ron and the twins acted the same way about Jason too, so unless you're implying they all like me—"

"No. Look Claire," Hermione began, "the way Ron and the twins were acting was more of a protective way. Harry, on the other hand, was acting in more of a jealous than protective way."

Claire sighed in frustration. She was getting nowhere with them. "Look, Hermione, Ginny, Harry and I...we're just friends. That's all we are and that's how it'll stay. Besides, if you haven't notice we have more important things to worry about then something as petty as me liking Harry."

"So you admit that you have feelings for Harry?" Hermione inquired.

"Don't go twisting my words, 'Mione. You know, what I meant. We need to focus on preparing Harry for the first task. I'm sure that's all that's on his mind right now." Claire said.

"Yeah, that and whatever happened between you two last night." Ginny said smugly, earning her a pillow in the face by Claire.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire, Harry, Hermione, and Ginny walked down to the Great Hall for breakfast. As they entered the Great Hall, Harry felt like a specimen under a microscope. The Gryffindors congratulated him when he sat down at the table while the Slytherins glared at him (which he was used to) as well as the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs. He spotted Ron entering the Great Hall. Ron glared at him, sitting at the far end of the table. Claire noticed this and said, "You know, it's a bit stuffy in here. It's a nice day. Why don't we have breakfast out by the Black Lake?"

"Better than being here," Harry muttered.

"I'm going to stay here." Ginny said.

"Me too." Hermione said. "You two go on."

Claire had a feeling they were going to go talk to Ron; that and they were purposely trying to get Harry and her alone together. They probably thought by doing this something would happen between them. Claire rolled her eyes internally at this. The thought that Harry liked her was absurd. There was no way he liked her. Harry was an incredible friend and person. He was caring, nice, and sweet. He could have anyone he wanted. He wouldn't go for someone like her. He'd go for someone like that Cho Chang girl. For some reason Claire felt a bit angry about this. Did that mean she liked him? No. She thought to herself. Though the voice in the back of her head beg to differ. Claire found her thoughts drifting back to this morning when he had his arm around her waist. A weird sensation began in the pit of her stomach.

"Claire?" Harry said, snapping her from her thoughts. "Ready?"

"Yeah." Claire replied, grabbing a few pieces of toast and bacon before they both left the Great Hall.

They walked outside to the Black Lake and ate breakfast.

"So, when are you planning on writing the letter to Sirius and my mom?" Claire asked.

"I already wrote it while you, Hermione, and Ginny were getting dressed. I was planning on going to the Owlery after breakfast. Did you want to come along?" Harry said.

"Sure." Claire replied.

When they finished eating, they went to the Owlery.

"Hedwig, I have a letter for you to give to Sirius and Carina." Harry called to his owl as they entered the Owlery.

Hedwig came fluttering down onto his shoulder and held out her leg as he fasten the letter to it. They watched as Hedwig flew off with their letter.