{53} PANSY SAYS MIA NEED THERAPY

Start from the beginning

A soft chuckle escaped Mia's lips at Pansy's playful jab, the sound carrying a hint of relief as the heaviness that had settled between them began to lift. "Maybe I should consider booking an appointment," Mia replied with a wry smile, a sense of camaraderie blooming between them.

"Pansy." Draco's commanding voice sliced through the air, causing both Mia and Pansy to pivot and find him striding towards them, Blaise trailing in his wake. The weight of his gaze, coupled with Blaise's scrutinizing stare, bore down on Mia and Pansy, enveloping them in a cloak of suspicion.

Mia, unfazed by their intense scrutiny, rolled her eyes at Draco and bestowed a small, enigmatic smile upon Pansy, a gesture that left both Draco and Blaise momentarily stunned. "I'll take your words into consideration. They might prove to be helpful," she remarked before turning to leave, leaving Draco and Blaise in a state of bewildered silence.

"What did you say to her?" Draco's voice carried a tinge of accusation as he directed his question at Pansy, his eyes narrowing in suspicion.

Pansy, maintaining her composure in the face of Draco's probing stare, met his gaze evenly before replying, "I offered her some advice. It seems to have struck a chord."

Blaise, his features a mask of surprise, interjected, "Potter actually thanked you?"

Pansy's response was curt and laced with a hint of defiance as she retorted, "I shared some suggestions with her. It's none of your concern, Zabini."

With a flick of her robes, Pansy turned on her heel and departed, leaving Draco and Blaise to grapple with the lingering echoes of her cryptic exchange with Mia. The air hung heavy with unspoken questions and tension, paving the way for a shift in dynamics among the trio, each caught in the swirling currents of intrigue and uncertainty that had been set in motion.

Feeling a newfound sense of contentment after her conversation with Pansy, Mia decided to forego retreating to the common room and instead made her way back to the bustling great hall. As she entered, a ripple of whispers and curious glances followed her path, but she remained unfazed, her steps purposeful as she approached her usual seat beside Ron and Hermione.

"You're smiling," Hermione remarked, a warm smile of her own gracing her features, visibly relieved to see Mia's countenance brightened after the day's tumultuous events.

Ron, ever the one to inject a touch of humor, chimed in, "Which is weird, coming from her."

Hermione's eyes flashed with mild exasperation as she scolded Ron, delivering a light whack to his head. "Ronald! Apologies for his lack of tact, Mia," she added, turning her attention back to her friend, her tone apologetic.

Rubbing the spot where Hermione's hand had made contact, Ron grinned sheepishly at Mia, his expression apologetic. "I'm sorry," he offered, genuine contrition coloring his words as he sought to amend his previous comment.

Mia's laughter bubbled forth at Ron's sheepish apology, a twinkle of amusement dancing in her eyes as she regarded her friends. "No harm done, Ron. I appreciate the sentiment," she reassured him, a soft smile playing on her lips.

Hermione leaned forward, her curiosity piqued. "So, spill it, Mia. What's got you smiling like the cat that got the cream?"

Ron, ever the curious one, added, "Yeah, it's not often we see you with a grin that wide. Did you stumble upon a secret stash of chocolate frogs or something?"

Mia chuckled at Ron's playful jest, her eyes crinkling at the corners. "No secret chocolate stash, I'm afraid," she replied, a mysterious glint in her eyes. "Let's just say I had an interesting conversation that gave me a new perspective."

Hermione's brow furrowed slightly, her analytical mind already whirring with questions. "Interesting conversation? With who?"

Mia's lips quirked in a knowing smile as she evaded the question. "Oh, you know, just someone unexpected. But it was... enlightening."

Ron raised an eyebrow, his curiosity piqued. "Someone unexpected, huh? Must have been quite the chat if it's got you looking like you've won a Quidditch match."

Mia simply shrugged, keeping her newfound connection with Pansy close to her chest, a sense of contentment and newfound understanding settling within her. The trio continued their meal, the buzz of conversation and laughter surrounding them.

As the meal progressed, Mia's smile remained a constant presence, a glimmer of light in the dimly lit great hall. Ron and Hermione exchanged knowing glances, their curiosity still evident despite Mia's vague responses.

"So, are you going to tell us more about this mysterious conversation?" Hermione prodded gently, her tone a mix of playful teasing and genuine interest.

Mia toyed with her goblet, a thoughtful expression on her face. "I suppose I can share a bit," she relented, deciding to offer a glimpse into her encounter with Pansy without revealing too much. "It was just... unexpected, you know? Sometimes, a different perspective can make all the difference."

Ron nodded thoughtfully, his eyes reflecting understanding. "I get that. Sometimes we get so caught up in our own views that we forget there's a whole world of perspectives out there."

Hermione's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "And this conversation... it made you see things differently?"

Mia nodded, a soft smile playing on her lips. "In a way, yes. It's funny how a simple chat can open your eyes to new possibilities."

As the trio sat in a moment of silence, Mia suddenly stopped eating and turned to Hermione with a mischievous glint in her eyes. Clearing her throat dramatically, she leaned in and called out, "Mione!"

Hermione looked up from her plate, a quizzical expression on her face. "Yes, Mia? What's on your mind?"

Mia gestured animatedly, her words infused with playful sincerity. "Have you ever considered trying therapy? You know, for all that pent-up stress from saving the wizarding world multiple times and dealing with Ron's questionable ideas?"

Ron nearly choked on his pumpkin juice, his eyes widening in disbelief at Mia's bold question. "Oi, what's that supposed to mean?" he sputtered, looking between Hermione and Mia with mock outrage.

Hermione raised an eyebrow, a smirk playing at the corners of her lips. "Well, Mia, I suppose therapy could be beneficial. But I think Ron might benefit more from it with all his flying escapades and... unique solutions to our problems."

Ron crossed his arms with a mock scowl. "Hey, my ideas work most of the time! And besides, therapy is for people who need help processing their feelings. I'm perfectly fine, thank you very much."

Mia burst into laughter, unable to contain her amusement at Ron's defensive response. "Oh, Ron, denial is the first sign that you might need therapy," she teased, her eyes sparkling with mischief.

Hermione chuckled, shaking her head fondly at the banter unfolding before her. "I'll consider your suggestion, Mia. But I think our adventures together are therapy enough, don't you think?"

With a playful wink and a shared round of laughter, the trio resumed their meal. As the contagious laughter of the trio echoed through the room, heads turned in their direction. Some onlookers couldn't help but smile at the joyful sound, their own spirits lifted by the shared moment of mirth. They recognized the familiar bond of friendship and camaraderie that radiated from Hermione, Mia, and Ron, even if they were unsure of the exact source of their amusement.

Others, however, wore expressions of mild confusion, their brows furrowed as they tried to decipher what could possibly be so funny. Whispered exchanges and puzzled glances were exchanged among those who were not privy to the inside jokes and shared experiences that united the trio in laughter.

PANSY WINS