Tᴇɴ シ

As the night stretched on, my bed became a raft floating on a sea of thoughts, all swirling around one unforgettable moment with Kimi. The almost-kiss that had almost happened—was it just my imagination, or was there a spark in his eyes too? I couldn't shake the feeling, the 'what ifs' and 'maybes' buzzing in my head like bees. Did he feel that same jolt, that same crazy mix of excitement and nerves? I bet he did; I mean, how could he not? But sleep wasn't having any of it; it was playing hard to get. So, I grabbed my book, hoping the words would be like a lullaby, singing me to sleep.

When morning came, it was like the book had given up on me first, lying there on the floor, abandoned. I was all sprawled out, a mess of sheets and limbs. The clock was all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at 8 AM, telling me it was time to get moving. I was about to check the weather on my phone, but then—boom—a message from Kimi. My heart did a little somersault.

Kimi

————————————————————————————————————

KIMI:
My parents and Maggie absolutely loved the soup!

ME:
That's good to hear, glad they liked it :)

KIMI:
:)
Quick question, do you have any plans for today?

ME:
No, I don't think so. I might have to babysit Amelie though

KIMI:
That's fine
If you guys want to, we could grab a bite and me and Maggie could show you around :)

ME:
Sounds good, I'll ask Amelie if she's okay with it.
I just asked and she is :)

KIMI:
Great! We'll be at yours by 11?

ME:
11 is fine, see you then :)

KIMI:
See you then :)
[♥️ Liked by me]

————————————————————————————————————

Amelie and I got ourselves together, and before we knew it, the clock hit 11. The doorbell rang, and there were Kimi and Maggie, all smiles and ready for an adventure. Amelie and Maggie's reunion was all giggles and hugs—it was the cutest thing. Kimi gave me a laid-back "Hi Ava," and I echoed it right back at him.

We decided to take the bus into town. Amelie was curious, "Why aren't we driving?" Kimi just laughed and said he's still got a year before he can get his license. She wondered how he could race then, and Kimi explained all about racing licenses and how they're different from regular ones. It was cool to see him talk about racing with so much love—it's not just a hobby for him; it's his life.

Walking through town with Kimi was like being with a celebrity. People kept stopping him for photos and autographs, and he was super sweet about it. He made sure we were okay with it every time, which was really considerate. I even got to play photographer for him and his fans.

Eventually, we got hungry and Kimi knew just the spot—a cozy little bakery downtown. They know him there, so we could eat without a fuss. Watching Kimi with his fans, I couldn't help but think about what's next for him. With rumors of him joining Mercedes AMG next year, things are about to get even crazier.

ᵈᵒⁿ'ᵗ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵉᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵛᵒᵗᵉ ᵃⁿᵈ ᶜᵒᵐᵐᵉⁿᵗ シ︎