"Sweet Pea," I began, running a hand through my hair. I couldn't look at him as I continued on in a rush. "Over the past few days I've chloroformed Alice Cooper, spent a lot of time with the Gargoyles and sat in a jail cell for most of today."

"You what?" Sweet Pea exclaimed, taking a step back. "Everyone kind of assumed Betty had something to do with her mom disappearing from the Farm but you were part of that too? But what the hell were you doing with the Gargoyles? Didn't you learn anything from what happened with the Ghoulies? You could have been killed, Abigail, and for what?"

"Don't you dare ask if I'm on Fizzle Rocks," I snapped before he could go on. "I've had enough of that question recently."

Sweet Pea sighed. "Abigail, you said you needed time to figure things out, and I've given you that. But rolling with drug dealers and crazy-ass murderers, that's not you. Look, Fangs told me that Jones asked if you were using again that day at the comic book shop."

"An accusation he's continued to make. Speaking of..." I muttered pulling my phone out of my pocket as it began ringing. I tossed it on the desk as soon as I saw Jughead's name. "I swear, I haven't been taking anything. I've had plenty of opportunity, and yes, I did seriously consider it a few times, but I haven't fallen that far."

"I believe you," Sweet Pea said, pulling me off the desk toward him. "But what were you thinking? We've been trying to take down the Ghoulies, you could have been caught in the middle of it all."

"I told you, good intentions haven't meant shit recently," I sighed, leaning my head against his chest. "But I'm not giving up yet. Maybe I'll get lucky and something will finally work in my favor."

Sweet Pea's arms tightened around me. "Please tell me you haven't been undercover with the Gargoyles."

"Not exactly," I answered slowly as my phone rang again. "Ignore it, I really don't want to talk to Jughead right now."

"You might want to answer this call though," Sweet Pea said. "It's FP."

I nodded, picking up the phone reluctantly. "You told me to go back to the house, you didn't say anything about staying there," I answered without greeting.

"Is Jellybean with you?" FP asked quickly.

"No, should she be?"

I heard FP say something, most likely to Jughead or whoever he was with. "Kurtz said the King has her."

"I'm on my way," I said quickly, hanging up.

"Wait, what's going on? Where are you going?" Sweet Pea asked, following me to the door.

I paused, turning back to face him. "It's JB, he's taken her."

Sweet Pea nodded, knowing immediately who I was talking about. "Go. I'll come by later."

I raced to the house, letting myself in the front door. Kurtz sat tied to a dining room chair in the front room, while the three remaining Joneses stood at the kitchen island.

"Where have you been?" Gladys questioned the moment she saw me. "If you'd been here, my daughter wouldn't now be missing."

"Hey, we don't know what happened exactly," FP said, taking hold of her shoulder. "She may not have even been here when this letter was dropped off."

Jughead pushed the folded paper towards me, refusing to meet my eye. I scanned it quickly before looking back up. "I told you letting her hang out with that Ricky kid was a bad idea. The game's been taken off the board. The question is, are you going to play it, or is there some other plan brewing to get JB back?"