La Seine And I

Request: no. who the fuck would request this?

Warnings: no. this based off the song La Seine Cabaret from 'A Monster In Paris" sang by Vanessa Paradis

Pairing: Tanjiro Kamado X Reader

Title: "La Seine And I"

She's resplendent

So confident

La Seine, la Seine, la Seine

Tanjiro always thought you were so special.

Zenitsu would tend to think that Tanjiro had favorites in their friend group. And while Tanjiro denied every one of his accusations, he was one hundred percent right.

He treated you like you were his world.

Tanjiro really did admire the light you had inside you. The way your eyes would light up at the smallest thing that would excite you, the way you were so confident with yourself made his heart flutter.

But then again, your confidence did branch from being the Sound Pillar's daughter.

And the way you always would butt heads with Inosuke came from Makio, one of Tengen's three wives, and your birth mother.

I realize, I'm hypnotized

La Seine, la Seine, la Seine

Tanjiro always found himself sending numerous glances at you during rehabilitation training or while they walked to their next mission.

Your beauty slowed down his vision, your eyes sparkling no matter what time of day it was, your platinum hair swaying lightly in the breeze.

He's fantasized about you a few times before. He hates himself for it, committing silent adultery at such a young age.

But he can't help himself. Your curves looked like they could fit in his hands perfectly, soft but strong thighs locking his hips into place as he gently rocked into you. To smell your scent from up so close. To see how happy and satisfied he could make you feel. To feel how your hands run up and down his biceps as he kisses you. To hear the melodic sounds that escaped from your pretty throat. To taste your lips just once was the dream this boy had almost every night.

I hear the moon, singing a tune

La Seine, la Seine, la Seine

Is she divine?

Is it the wine?

La Seine, la Seine, la Seine

When Tanjiro first laid his eyes upon you, Zenitsu described him as "absolutely love drunk". He was beginning to think he was right.

He started to compare the feeling of being drunk (from what he's heard, this baby hasn't gone near alcohol once in his entire life) to the feeling of being in love.

Being drunk:

face/skin gets hot/warm

Sweating

Jumbled words/ stuttering

Being in love:

Sweating

Red face/warm

Stuttering

Pretty much the same thing. Two different causes, though.

I don't know, don't know,

So don't ask me why

That's how we are, la Seine and I

I don't know, don't know,

So don't ask me why

That's how we are, la Seine and I

You had always treated Tanjiro differently as well.

You always talked to him with a certain softness in your voice, talked quieter around him, sometimes even sat closer to him than with the others.

Nezuko sometimes picked up on the special treatment and whenever you would sit really close with her brother she'd get jealous and lay her head on your lap or nuzzle your hand.

You and Tanjiro either walked ahead of the group together, or hung towards the back. Anything to be in the other's presence.

I feel alive, when I'm beside,

La Seine, la Seine, la Seine

Tanjiro truly felt like he could do anything when he was around you. Like you fueled his energy in the morning.

You always seemed more chipper around Tanjiro, as well. Happier, kinder as well. You sometimes had your rudeness streaks that you got from Tengen.

But that was expected.

From this angle, like an angel

La Seine, la Seine, la Seine

Tanjiro's red eyes always lingered on you for longer than they should. But if you never noticed, it wouldn't be weird, right?

You catch him almost every time.

But he doesn't know that.

You actually find it really flattering, and somewhere, deep down in your heart, you hope that he reciprocated the feelings you held for him.

But you would never know until you found out, right?

You planned that one day, you would inform him of your feelings.

I don't know, don't know,

So don't ask me why

That's how we are, la Seine and I

"Hey, Tanjiro! Wait up!" you called out to him who was on his way to the kitchen to help Aoi prepare lunch.

"Hey, Y/n. Is something wrong?" He greeted me with his usual kind eyes and soft, welcoming smile.

"Can I- can I talk to you?" You asked quietly.

You looked at Aoi, who looked more than displeased.

"Alone?"

"Oh, sure! You don't for a minute, do you Aoi?" he asked nicely.

"N-no, not at all, Tanjiro. Not at all," she didn't sound like she wasn't bothered, though.

Did she?

No way.

I'm sorry, Aoi, but no.

I don't know, don't know,

So don't ask me why

That's how we are, la Seine and I

Once you and Tanjiro were in a secluded area of the mansion, you laced a firm hand on his shoulder.

He smiled gently at you.

"Is something wrong?" he asked in his usual kind, soft voice.

"I really like you, Tanjiro. I have for a while now and if you don't mind, I'd like to go out with you sometime," you stuttered and shook as you confessed, but it was confession nonetheless.

"I like you as well, Y/n. And yes, I'd love to go out with you," he said, pressing a soft and gentle kiss to your forehead, your cheeks turning a bright shade of pink before he walked back into the kitchen to finish preparing lunch.

That's how we are,

La Seine and I