𝟏𝟗. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

Start from the beginning

"Forget about that bet. Harry, you have never been afraid of anything you've shown me that countless of times since you were younger. Why haven't you told Elizabeth how you felt about her?" Hook waved off the challenge he and Jack created before mentioning the times his son wanted to prove how fearless he was.

After hearing his father's question Harry turned staring out the window into the sea, the very sea that separated them from Auradon, allowing several memories rushing into his mind.

Seeing where his eyes traveled, Hook was met with the sea too, causing the older Hook pirate to remember all the painful memories from that night that changed both their lives.

"What if the two of us were meant to only experience the same tragedy? How could I admit what I felt for her if in the end we were destined to be torn apart?" Harry voiced his fear, something he continuously thought about since he came to realize what he felt for the Sparrow pirate.

"Harry. . . what happened to us, your mother and I as well as Jack and Angelica, has been one of the worst moments in our lives. I can assure you that but I think we could all agree what could have been a bigger tragedy was to never experience the love we've shared with each other." Hook leaned over, placing his hand on Harry's shoulder catching the attention of the sadden pirate.

"You two are not destined to live what we had lived, you are meant to live the life you are meant to have."

". . .I wish I understood that long ago father because now it's inevitable for us to follow those steps." Harry admitted knowing that his choices had led him down the path he perhaps did not wish for before.

"Why don't you tell her all this? She's still here." Hook had no clue what he could tell his son to make the situation any better but he did know of what he could do to release him of one secret.

Harry already knew his answer for that and Hook saw that seeing him shake his head responding, "No, no, I can't. If I tell her it might mess with her decisions and put her out of focus."

"What if it might help her realize what she feels?" Hook countered trying to remove the pain his son had been feeling for who knows how long.

"If telling her makes her lose focus, making her lose the chance to see her mother again I can't do that to her. I won't." Harry could not focus on that, not after everything they had all done to get them to the point they were at or everything Elizabeth gave up.

"Harry, don't let her go without letting her know. . . because son, trust me you will always wonder what it would have been if you only told her." Hook stood from his seat patting his son's shoulders before placing something in his hand as he went to get a drink.

Looking down at his hand in confusion Harry stared at the bracelet in wonder before he remembered seeing it before.

Of course he did, he remembered seeing it every day when he was younger everyday and every night he was tucked in.

Emma would never take the bracelet off only if she absolutely needed to and even then she had Harry watch over it placing the one she trusted the most in charge of one of her most precious possessions.

He remembered how his parents once told him the story of how they lost each other the first time neither telling the other the way they had felt for each other having it been one of the biggest regrets but the moment they laid their eyes on each other there was no hesitation in admitting it.

Shutting his eyes Harry brought the bracelet close to him trying to figure out what he could do, what he should do.

He wondered if he should take the risk to become the fearless man he proved he was and take a chance telling Elizabeth everything he felt.