Ch 40: Ghosts, Snakes and Panties Oh My!

Start from the beginning

"Luke, I don't want to get in trouble again."

"We won't get in trouble. No cameras here remember? And besides we have to plant a listening device on Mr. Blackbourne. You brought one right?"

"Yes, it's in my bag."

"Okay after we set up all the pranks I'll take you back and you give it to me and I'll go put it on him."

"On him? You can't do that! He'll wake up."

"Not on him, on him! Like in his shoe or something."

"But he might not wear his camping shoes during the regular week."

"Did you see what he's wearing? We're out camping and he still has on the suit and shoes he wears to school."

I think about it and Luke's right. He may not wear these exact shoes everyday, but at some point he'll wear them again. It's worth a shot to get a small glimpse into his life and figure out whether he's Volto or not.

"Okay I'll help with the pranks."

We start to walk deeper into the woods, away from the girl's sleeping area and towards the boy's side.

I hear rustling behind us. Leaves crunching, heavy footsteps. "What was that?" I grab Luke's arm just as the noise stops.

"I didn't hear anything." He whispers in my ear,"Let's keep going."

The first thing we do is go over to tent seven where Silas, Nathan, Kota, Jay and Wil are sleeping. Luke slowly and quietly opens the zipper to their tent just like he did to mine.

The boys are sleeping in an alternating pattern. One person's head towards the doorway, the next away from it. Silas is sleeping on the left side edge of the tent with his head towards the opening. Luke hands me the eye liner so I can draw on his face. He got one of the soft ones that you roll out instead of the pencil ones. That will make things a lot easier.

I quietly crawl over and start to draw a thick handle bar mustache, then I give him a uni brow. I finish it off with hearts on his cheeks.

While I was doing that Luke has found Kota's socks. I'm curious as to what he's going to do with them. He pulls out the scissors from his backpack and starts to cut out the bottom leaving a big hole. How is that a prank?

I give Luke a questioning look and he motions for me to go outside the tent. Once we are out side he explains in a whisper that Kota won't know there are holes so when he goes to put them on he'll pull them all the way up to his knees.

Okay, that's kind of funny.

We go back to the tent and he scrunches up the socks and puts them back where he found them. Then takes out the shaving cream and squirts some on Nathan's fingers and palm.

Luke nudges me and motions for me to tickle Nathan's face.

"I can't reach his face." I tell Luke quietly.

"Just tickle his head then."

I tickle his soft russet hair and his face twitches. Luke and I both hold our breaths hoping he doesn't wake up. I look over at Luke and he nods, encouraging me to continue. I tickle his head again and Nathan's hand comes up to swat at me, but he doesn't get any shaving cream on himself. I try again and this time it works. He runs his hand through his hair. I tickle him again and he repeats the action.

I can barely contain my laughter and Luke holds a hand to my mouth to keep me from making too much noise. Luke zips up the tent and takes out a couple balloons and a roll of string. He fills the balloons with shaving cream then ties the string to one end. We carefully hang the balloons from the tree limb sticking out just above the entrance of their tent. Then Luke loops the string through the bottom of their tent in the zipper. When they open the tent door the zipper will tear the string releasing the shaving cream filled balloons. Since our last task is complete we make our way over to Luke's tent with North, Victor, Gabriel and Rocky.

I look inside and see only three bodies. Looks like nature called and Rocky went to the little boy's room. Our pranks for this tent better be inconspicuous otherwise he'll notice when he gets back.

Luke hands me some makeup and I carefully apply it to Victor's face. I didn't think it was possible, but Victor actually looks prettier. Next, Luke grabs Gabriel's bag and takes it outside. I follow him into the woods.

"What are we doing?"

Luke hides Gabriel's bag behind a tree and under some brush. Then hands me a garbage bag and tells me to fill it with leaves.

I quietly gather as much leaves and twigs to fill the bag. Luke then takes out the rope and we head back towards the tents. He ties the bag to one end while I hold the bag, then he starts climbing the tree!!

Once high enough he ties the trash bag to a branch and lets it dangle. A medium length of rope is left over and he cuts it off with his pocket knife.

On the way down I ask him what's the point of putting leaves in the bag?

"Sang, when Gabriel wakes up he's going to wonder where his clothes are."

"And.... we put them behind that tree."

"Yes, but I'm going to tell him, they're in that bag!"

"Oh!! He'll be so mad when he finds out they aren't in there!!" I glance over at the piece of rope and I instantly think of another prank.

"Let me see that rope." Luke hands it to me and I tie a knot at one end of it. "Look it's a snake! You can throw it on North or put it in his sleeping bag and scare him."

Luke looks hesitant, "I don't know if that's a good idea."

"Why not, is he deathly afraid of snakes?"

"He's just not in a good mood, you should talk to him."

North is in a bad mood? Is he mad at me? Of course he is, Sang! He didn't give me a note to apologize and I ignored him while he was stalking outside my tent. He probably thinks I don't want to talk to him. Well, I don't. But I also do want to. He just frustrates me so much!!

Fine. If he wants me to make the first move, I will. Tomorrow morning.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow. Prank him with the fake snake and then I'll tell him it was my idea."

"Just go easy on him okay?" Luke urges. I'm not sure what he means, but I nod anyway.

We walk back to the girl's side and when he drops me off I give him the listening device to plant on Mr. Blackbourne.  He tells me to set my cell phone alarm to go off early so I can be outside their tents to watch the pranks when all the guys wake up.

I hope Luke doesn't get caught planting the listening device. If no one woke up while we were setting up the pranks I think he can pull this off too. It's really late and I finally realize how tired I am as I lay my head down and my eyes drift shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Shout out to Ngetal Child for writing the fanfic There's Something About Sang!! It was my inspiration for Nathan's prank :)