4. Pinky Promise

Avalon was furious. Not the fact that her sister ran off flew off to dragon stone without their fathers permission, but that was pretty darn bad. But the fact that she did that and didn't get in trouble, she never got in trouble 

Avalon, of course didn't get into trouble either, but that was because Avalon was perfect and she tried her best to be perfect all the time 

Rhaenyra however, since being named future queen, had been nothing but trouble. Viserys brushed it off as teenage angst and the loss of their mother hitting rhaenyra hard but avalon saw rhaenyra for who she was.

Rhaenyra thought everything was about her. She liked to be the center of the attention.

"You aren't punishing her?" Avalon demanded.

"She wouldn't listen to me anyways she would just run off like she always does."

"Maybe you shouldn't let her." Avalon murmured under her breath.

"Whats that darling?"

"Nothing daddy. You know best." Avalon answered

"I dont know about that." Viserys countered "if you will excuse me..."

"Of course. Goodnight daddy."

"Good night sweetheart."

"Fury has grown." Rupert remarked reaching out a hand "you have been tending to him well."

"Is my brother around?" Davina countered. Rupert let his hand fall to his side.

"You remember what you told me when we first met?" Rupert questioned

"Vaguely." She answered.

"Im going to rule the world one day. Im going to be in charge. No man will get in my way." Rupert recalled.

"So move old man." Davina recalled softly. "Seeing daemon again... can I see Viserys?"

"I liked your passion then and now." Rupert remarked twirling a strand of silver locks between his fingers and giving a tug. Davina didnt flinch. "I molded you. I made you who you are. You have your dragons because of me. If i say you wait. You wait." Davina nodded.

"Soon?" Davina countered hopefully.

"Soon." Rupert agreed kissing her. He cupped her cheek tilting her face to his. "Dont worry gorgeous. I have the perfect time to announce your arrival."

"I trust you." Davina agreed.

"Will daemon talk?"

"Hes a blabber mouth of course he will." Davina answered. "But who would believe him?"

"Hey, are you alright?" Avalon questioned falling into step with Alicent.

"How is your father?" Alicent questioned.

"Fine, he's being too easy on Rhaenyra. She will never learn if she is not disciplined." Avalon huffed. Ty chuckled from behind them.

"Do you think your father will marry Laena?" Alicent pondered hopefully.

"I hope not." Avalon countered. "She's younger than I. Thats disgusting."

"What happens when your father remarries?" Alicent questioned.

"I get a new step mother. I hope she's nice. BUt she will never replace my mother." Avalon assured. "Why do you think your father never married again?"

"My mother was the love of his life." Alicent offered.

"I hope to marry for love one day." Avalon agreed.

"Me too." Alicent agreed grabbing her hand and turning avalon to face her. "Can we make a promise to always be the best of friends? No matter who we marry and where we end up."

"I like that." Avalon agreed. "I promise. Friends forever."

"Friends forever." Alicent repeated locking her pinky with Avalon. 

"I feel like we should have cut our hands and bound our friendship with blood." Avalon admitted. 

"That sounds painful." ALicent countered. "But I'm willing-"

"No, this is good." Avalon agreed.  "Friends forever!" 

"Goodnight Avalon."

"Night Alicent!" Avalon agreed heading back to her chambers. Ty waited for her walking beside her, Avalon blushed smiling up at him as she tucked her hair behind her ear out of her face. 

"It's a lovely night." Avalon added. 

"It is." Ty agreed. "You want to go for a ride?"

"I do." Avalon agreed grabbing his hand, her pace picked up as she ran to the pits. Davina was down there, talking to the dragons. 

"I know, I know," Davina was saying when Avalon pulled Ty to a halt. "Its strange being home after all this time. But we can still do what we please."

"Who's that?" Ty questioned reaching for his blade. 

"Dont." Avalon whispered. 

"I missed this place." Davina went on running a hand over Cannibals nose. "I missed my family. It's... it's really strange being on these shores again. I remember when Fury was born just a little thing he was." Fury stood tall beside her, proud as he puffed his chest. "My little Fury." She whispered. 

"Fury." Avalon repeated confused. Ty pulled her back as three dragons heads whipped in their direction. Avalon let out a little shriek before running back to the castle, Ty chased after her. He knew he wouldnt win against a dragon.

"Fury? What's important about that?" Ty questioned once safe and sound. 

"It sounds familiar." Avalon remarked. "I think... I think that might have been my aunt Davina."

"I thought she was dead." Ty countered. 

"No, I mean yes, but my uncle Daemon said otherwise." Avalon countered. "I have to speak to my father this moment." 

"It's late," Ty countered. "Tell him in the morning, I will send a guard down to the pits-"

"I dont want to scare her off." Avalon corrected urgently. "If it is her and you go in swords swinging she might never come back." 

"She had three? Four? Dragons with her Avalon, I think she can handle herself." Ty countered, a laugh on his lips. 

"I suppose." Avalon agreed. The next morning she was ready to talk to her father, tell him what she thought she saw last night but instead she found the council gathered. 

"Father, I need to..." Avalon stopped herself moving to Alicent. "What's going on?"

"Your father has an announcement to make." Alicent offered softly. Otto beckoned Alicent back to him. 

"You know whats going on?" Avalon questioned moving to her twin. 

"Not a clue." Rhaenyra grumbled. "But he never tells me anything." 

''Good morrow, my lords." Viserys said as he approached his council getting comfortable in his chair. "I have decided to take a new wife. I intend to marry..." Viserys looked around the council.  "the Lady Alicent Hightower before spring's end." Avalon's jaw dropped looking to her friend. Rhaenyra was ready to storm out but didnt get the chance. 

The door flung open and Davina walked forward, her gaze shifted to Rupert, a smile tugged at his lips before her eyes found Viserys.

"Hello Brother... What did I miss?"