So High School (Rated M)

Start from the beginning

"Fuck Tay, he sent coffee too?!" I laugh and hand him his iced Americano and I take a long sip of my iced caramel latte.

"Looks like we have burritos, chips and queso, and sides of guacamole." I say pulling out the food. I see he has remembered how both Jack and I like our burritos, and it makes me fall in love with him even more. 

"God, I love that man. If you don't marry him I will." I laugh.

"I think Margaret may have an issue with that, but I'll keep that in mind." He throws a chip at me before we both burst out into laughter.

"How do you feel about saying Heroin in a song?" I give him an odd look and just take a bit of my burrito.

"I am going to withhold judgement until you give some context." He chuckles and continues to write in his notebook. I pull out my phone to send a text to Aaron to see if he is available for a session tomorrow.

Taylor: Hey Aaron, I have a last minute song to add to the album, potentially. Any chance you are available tomorrow? I will need your help with writing it too not just production.

Aaron: For you? Sure. Intrigued, you don't usually add songs this last minute. Can you be at Long Pond at 3:00?

I confirm and set my phone back down. I look over and see Jack has half of a page of lyrics written down and most of his coffee gone.

"Jeez Jack, that coffee really inspired you." I joke looking over his shoulder.

"The coffee, the annoyingly giddiness you get from Travis, and also a few things from interviews and articles I have seen. Give me five and I'll play what my thoughts are." I nod and settle in knowing its going to be a long night.

My car pulls outside of Long Pond Studios the next day, and I wave off my security team before grabbing the large bag I brought of drinks and snacks. I knock once and type in the security code on the door before entering the cabin. When I enter the studio I am hit with all of the memories we made when shooting and recording Folklore LPSS, but I also think of how I was lying to myself and to Jack and Aaron on my relationship. Looking back, I am confident they knew Joe and I were at a breaking point, but being the good friends they are they just let me vent.

"Hey Taylor." I turn and see Aaron sitting at the keyboards setting up the equipment and see he already has multiple notebooks and pens spread throughout the space.

"Hey Aaron, its so good to see you again." I walk over and pull him in for a quick hug before flopping myself on the chaise where most of my writing sessions have taken place.

"Want to tell me what we are writing about today? Is this going on the Anthology or the original album?" He asks propping his legs up as he sits across from me in a large chair.

"If it makes the cut I am thinking the Anthology. I am hesitant, because its about Travis.." Aaron hasn't met Travis yet. I know he spoke with him briefly around Christmas when Jack looped him in on my studio gift, but Aaron hasn't had the opportunity to get to know him as a person or my boyfriend yet.

"I'm intrigued. Let me hear what you've got so far and see where we can go." He says and a blush crosses my face thinking about what I have already written.

"Uh, yeah, so what I have is kind of embarrassing so that's part of why I am not sure if it's going to make it." He raises an eyebrow at me and waves me on.

"So I dont have the chorus yet, but here is a verse:

Are you gonna marry, kiss, or kill me
It's just a game, but really
I'm bettin' on all three for us two
Get my car door, isn't that sweet?
Then pull me to the backseat
No one's ever had me, not like you