chapter two

Landos pov

Oscar and me had to be present at the bit box at 11am today. We were going to spend the entire day talking with the team preparing for the season and there was a meeting scheduled after lunch as well.

We both went to the back to hang out for a little after we had prepared with the team for the past hour. Oscar was laying on the couch and I was standing in front of him while we were talking about the driver and the season coming up.

Its Oscars first season in formula one but he was already friends with some of the drivers in the past few years when he was still in formula 2. He has already known me for a few years by now. He also knew Max, Carlos, Charles and Pierre already.

We've been talking a lot about how it was for him in formula 2 and the biggest change for him will be the team, not the other drivers. Things go a lot faster in formula one. Both in terms of the car and the schedule. But at least he doesn't have to worry about making friends or anything. He now just needs to focus on doing well for the team.

I also told him how McLaren is a very good team to start out with. I did too and in my opinion McLaren is the best team you can have a rookie season with. Their expectations are high, but not too high. A team like Red Bull for example, is a horrible team to start out with. They immediately expect you to do amazingly and compared to Max Verstappen, you will never be good enough.

But then a team like Haas is also not that good to start out with. I've always thought that their cars and expectations are too low. I had that opinion even before I joined formula one and it has never changed since then. Their cars are too slow and that makes it very hard for drivers to prove themselves. And then they wont get any offerings in other, better teams.

McLaren has good cars and will adapt the level of expectation according to the driver, which causes way less stress. As I was explaining all off that, we hear a knock on the door and Adriana enters. She's the assistant of our head of PR. She smiles at us but I do not smile back. She's probably here to introduce another PR manager.

Both me, and Oscar still need one. Some teams prefer to have one PR manager for both drivers, McLaren gets 2 separate PR managers. They mainly do that because back in the day where Daniel was still with McLaren, we were both...well...a handful and had a lot of attention from the press.

"Boys, this is Rin Johnson, Oscar's new PR manager." She smiles as she look at the girl behind her. The girl looked a tiny bit shy as she smiles at both me and Oscar. She has dark, brown curly hair. She's wearing a bootcut jeans with a black crop top on top of it.

Oscar jumps up from the couch and sticks his hand out to her as he says "Hi Rin, nice to meet you, I'm Oscar Piastri and this this is my teammate Lando Norris." He looks over at me as he's introducing me.

"I know who he is, nice to meet the both of you" She looks over at me with a wide smile but I don't even bother to reply to what she's saying. I turn my head towards Adriana, looking very fucking pissed.

"Another PR manager? Jesus, at this point it's better if Oscar just arranges his media bullshit himself. Y'all only hire shitty students who barely know something about f1 anyways. The last one didn't even know who Max Verstappen was" I say to Adriana with a very rude tone.

I don't care that I'm being rude, the team can't seem to find proper PR managers and keep them for more than 5 months. Last season Daniels manager changed 3 times and mine 4 times. Its fucking ridiculous and I'm so over it.

"How long will this one stay, 4 months? 6 at most?" Adriana just keeps silent, but the new girl does decide to speak up. "Well, Lando, I'll stay here for as long as I know how to do my damn job well. And I know that that will be for a long period of time. I do know something about the sport. I also know that you have not won one race during your 4 years in formula one. You haven't even come close. So why don't you try not being a shitty driver for once and win a race? Focus on your job and I'll focus on mine, deal?" She gives me a satisfied smirk, clearly proud of herself for saying what se just said.

How does she, a new girl who hasn't even been hired for more than 24 hours even dare to talk back to a driver of the team. She has to keep in mind that Oscar and me are more important to the team than her. Despite me not being an amazing driver.

My blood is fucking boiling. Oscar can't help but burst out laughing and I storm out of the room before I do or say anything i'll regret.