Chapter 2: Maledizione

Tsuna opened his eyes and thought how the sky really looked pretty when its dawn. The rising orange hues always seemed to banish all the bad things of yesterday as the day begun anew. He yawned sleepily and turned on his side. He didn't want to wake up yet. Wait… his eyes snapped open. Dawn? He sat up and looked around. He started to panic as he realized that he was not sleeping on his bed or even in his room. Where the hell was he?

Looking around, Sawada Tsunayoshi had found himself surrounded by blades of grass that gently swayed on the hill. The breeze caressed his cheeks and he sniffed the air. It was fresher yet carried a scent completely unfamiliar with him. He sat on hill that overlooked a bustling town and gaped at the sight of it. It wasn't as if he didn't know where he was. Oh he definitely knew where he was. But he was there at the same time that he wasn't.

"Oh no way." He sat there, stunned.

For even if he was familiar with it, it was different. The streets were cobbled with stone, there were no cars and instead there were horse-drawn carriages and carts, no electrical lines, no cellphones and even the people were different. They wore clothes of an era that had long passed back in his time.

His time, his mind repeated wearily with a touch of panic.

In the distance, a family of geese quacked. The sound caused Tsuna to finally digest that he was very much not at home. Being far away from home was a huge understatement. If you call being in the wrong time one.

The young man rubbed his temples as he vividly recalled what happened.

"Ah!" Tsuna said as he was thrown into the room.

"Tenth!" Gokudera ran to him, making sure his beloved boss didn't suffer a fracture or some other form of injury.

"I wonder what the kid's been impatient about…" Yamamoto mused as he walked into the room, arms crossed behind his head.

Tsuna grunted and sat up. All those years of being 'tutored' by Reborn had made him almost indestructible to petty injuries, such as being flung into a wall or being hit with an explosive.

"Tenth, are you alright?" Gokudera asked.

"I'm fine Gokudera-kun." Tsuna assured as he bent his neck until it popped. Sighing in satisfaction, he stood up and looked at Yamamoto.

"I've been wondering about that a lot," he said as he strolled around the room. Whatever must have happened had to be very serious if Reborn was willing to go through the trouble of kidnapping them while walking home. Tsuna raked his fingers through his hair, irritated while resisting to pull his hair out. The insane mind that was his tutor's was incomprehensible but it didn't stop him from thinking that if Reborn wanted to say something, was it really necessary to kidnap them? He even went through the process of sedating them! He paced around the room to calm his nerves.

"SAWADA!" Ryoyei screamed out as he slammed open the door in Tsuna's face. It was rather unfortunate for him to be standing by the door so he moved to the window instead while holding his nose.

"Oi! Lawn head, watch what you're doing!" Gokudera hissed at Ryohei.

"What did I do octopus head?" Ryohei asked, honestly curious as to why the bomber was seething at him.