Chapter 01: The beginning

Remember: Separate fiction from reality. ‼️

"Mahal kita Cal, matagal na.I have loved you since the day that I met you, and not once have I been bored with the times where we are together. Your smile is like a majestic artwork that I could stare at forever and never get bored of. Your laugh is like gentle music to my ears- a music that I would gladly listen to on repeat every hour, every minute, and every second of the day. Your presence brings so much warmth to my heart that I swear I would die without that kind of warmth. The kind of warmth that I had never felt from anyone else other than you. I understand if this may shock you, sino ba naman ang hindi mashoshock diba your best friend suddenly confessed to you in the middle of the road with the rain pouring heavily. The people around us right now might think that we're both crazy but who cares mahal kita kahit magmukha akong tanga o kahit palagi akong umaasang magkakaroon ng tayo palagi kitang mamahalin  bawat araw at bawat gabi."

Maddie confesses as the rain pours heavily. They're both shocked by Maddie's sudden confession; others might not believe it, but Maddie is also shocked that she managed to confess to her longtime best friend and the love of her life. Di bale na ang magmukha syang tanga kagaya sa sinabi nya. Wala na syang magawa dahil mahal na mahal nya ang kaniyang kaibigan at lunod na lunod na ito sa kaniyang mga nararamdaman na kung hindi nya man ito nasabi ay baka kung ano pang kagagohan ang kaniyang nagawa. She anticipates Cal's rejection because she knows that Cal loves someone else. Hindi man ito sinasabi ni Cal, pero alam na alam ni Maddie na hulog na hulog na si Cal kay Jaze. The school's ssg president. Who wouldn't fall for Jaze right? Si Jaze na ang ideal girl ng lahat. Matalino, talentado, maganda ang boses, magaling gumamit ng kaniyang mga salita, mabait, magaling sumayaw, at marami pang iba.

"Mahal mo ako?"

Caleigh asks with a confused expression.

"Mads out of all people ako pa talaga? Ang dami daming tao na mas better sa akin pero bakit ako? Ang daming rason kung bakit pwedeng iba ang piliin mo bakit ako pa Mads. I'm not good at anything, my grades are low, and the only thing I'm good at is making music and..........."

Cal hesitates to finish her sentence as she is scared of Maddie's reaction. Her Maddie, her best friend, her solace and her no. 1 supporter.

"And? tapusin mo Cal please. Ayokong mag assume ng kung ano ano dahil wala namang magbabago diba? You will never have feelings for me. Si Jaze ang mahal mo."

Cal gets shocked at what Maddie just said.

"Si Jaze? Maddie, we're just friends . I will never engage in an intimate relationship with her. She's my friend, but I have never fallen for her. And as she says, I never look at her like I look at you. Sabi nga ni Jaze, I look at you with so much love that it's like the whole universe is in your hands, and that is something that I would never deny. Mahal na mahal din kita Maddie. I have loved you since day one at hindi kailanman nagbago ang pagtingin ko sayo. My Maddie, my love. And 'wag mong isipan na I would reject you. Bakit naman kita irerejct Maddie? I have been desperately dying to tell you na mahak kita. Inunahan mo pa talaga ako. Nakakinis, kahit kailan competitive ka talaga."

Maddie blinks twice with a shocked expression. She didn't expect that her feelings would be reciprocated. And she feels stupid for assuming that Cal was in love with Jaze. Was it me after all? Maddie thinks as she stares at Cal, still in disbelief of what Cal had just said to her.

"Mahal na mahal kita Maddie"

"Mahal na mahal na mahal na mahal din kita CALEIGH VERGARA!!!!"

Maddie says as she jumps straight into Cal's embrace.

"I promise to always stay by your side, keep you safe, shower you with love, and to always assure you every day that you'll always be the only one in my heart. And I also promise to stay by your side forever, Maddie."

Cal says this while hugging Maddie. The rain is still pouring heavily, but as long as they have each other and their hearts are full, nothing will get in their way.

"I promise you those things as well Cal, mamahalin kita ng panghabang buhay. Hinding hindi ako magsasawa sayo kahit kailan."

Maddie says na parang naiiyak na sa pagka overwhelmed.

"So, Maddie Lauren Ricalde, will you allowme to court you my queen?"

"YES YES YES CALEIGH VERGARA"

______________________________________________

Hi BLOOMS!