six

next few days felt like hell. umbridge kept on introducing rules after rules and filch kept on hammering the decrees into the walls which once used to be just grains and stones. i released a sigh reading all the decrees put up. 

I heard a light commotion coming from where i stood. paying no attention to the chattering, i stuffed my hands in the pocket of my trousers and turned around on my spot only to come face to face with samaira.

 i widened my eyes as i noticed how close we were standing.

 i lost control of my legs.  .  hands.  . well, everything. i couldn't move from my spot. 

shit, here we go again.

"uh hi." she whispered, slightly confused by my wide eyes,"is something wrong?"

say something theodore, answer her question!

"hey nott can you just step back? give us some space." the voice of hannah abott reached my ears and i finally took my eyes off the brown skinned girl . 

i stepped back and muttered a faint sorry before running for my life. 

i was covered in sweat and my ears and cheeks felt hot which was nothing new seeing that was how my body reacted whenever she was around.

these past few days , i tried to get her off my mind but for some reason it seemed impossible. no matter how hard i tried, all i could think about was her. 

her beautiful face, her smile, her eyes, her meeting up with aarav.  .   .well that's the reason i was trying to get her off my mind. 

if she's already dating someone, i have no chance as if i had one before. i laughed to myself at my dreariness and made my way back to the common room. 

i entered my dorm only to find the arrogant aarav on the bed with a letter in his hand. he's been getting too many letters these days. well maybe samaira is writing to him. 

those sick sweet love letters. i wish i was the one she would send it to-- here we go again. 

i let out a groan as i collapsed on my bed, trying to get her thoughts out of my brain. just then blaise entered the dorm and noticing me on the bed, he came over and stood by my side . 

i gave him a 'what' expression to which he just shrugged. i looked over at aarav to find him still going through some letters. maybe it's his family.

why was i so invested in his life though.

"should we go for dinner?" i hadn't realised when blaise had moved over to his bed .

"yes." to which he answered as he kept his slytherin scarf away in the cupboard,"just need to change."

i waited for few minutes after which the two of us walked to the great hall bustling with students from all the years. i sat on my usual spot, next to blaise and waited for the dinner to start. i couldn't help myself as my eyes wandered towards the hufflepuff table just to get a glimpse of her. 

she was nowhere to be seen. 

she was not sitting there with her friends with a smile on her face and her eyes crinkled. i released a sigh and smiled in satisfaction when the food appeared.

 i dug in and taking a bite of the dinner i looked up and towards the hufflepuff table but she wasn't there. i felt something strange . i looked towards the end of the slytherin table where aarav usually sat and strangely he wasn't present either. 

maybe he's sleeping, i wondered.

 I was just trying to console myself and rule out the possibility that they might be together. i lost my appetite and saying good night to everyone, i stood up and walked out of the great hall.

 i huffed and sighed all the way long until i saw someone familiar walking towards me. yes, it was her. she was carrying piles of books , notebooks and journals, all of it almost reaching her face making it difficult for me to figure out if it was really her. i didn't realise i hadn't moved away until we bumped into each other. she tried to balance the stuff she was carrying and she succeeded.

"watch where you're going nott." she said rather rudely. my eyes fell on her hands which were coated with henna and it smelled nice. i smiled unknowingly at her hands which she noticed, strangely.

"that looks good." i ended up saying with a small smile trailing on my lips. her furrowed eyebrows now relaxed as the corner of her lips lifted up . "thank you." her eyes crinkled as she smiled widely at me,"do you want to apply as well?"

i was baffled to hear her response when i expected some nasty remark from her looking at the way she looked disturbed. i didn't know what to reply so i just stood there smiling awkwardly which made her furrow her eyebrows together.

"nevermind." she rolled her eyes and walked past me . i turned around on my spot watching her leave.

"samaira!" I heard a voice behind me and i didn't even need to turn to recognise who it was. aarav slightly bumped his shoulders in mine as he ran past me over to where samaira was standing, giving him a questioning look. 

he was about to speak when he gave me a 'can you leave' look which made me frown in response. well if he needs to talk to her about something very private why can't he just go somewhere else. and i don't remember the last time when i found him with samaira. they hardly ever interacted but these days, he's always around her . 

i didn't even knew I was zoned out until I heard students leaving the great hall to back to their dorms. i realised aarav and samaira had left seeing that i was rooted to my spot. 

well, that was embarassing.

and i knew what was going to keep me awake that night.

a/n: exams over. !!