Debbie's Coming of Age

Debbie stood in front of the bathroom mirror, studying her reflection with a critical eye. She adjusted her hair, trying to tame the unruly curls that refused to be tamed, and smoothed out the wrinkles in her favorite shirt. She took a deep breath, steeling herself for what lay ahead.

Today was the day. The day she would finally tell Derek how she felt about him.

As she made her way downstairs, her heart pounded in her chest, the butterflies in her stomach threatening to take flight. But she pushed aside her nerves and focused on the task at hand, determined to seize her moment.

She found Derek in the living room, engrossed in a video game, and took a deep breath before approaching him.

"Derek, can I talk to you for a minute?" she asked, her voice surprisingly steady despite the turmoil roiling inside her.

Derek glanced up from the screen, a curious expression on his face. "Sure, what's up?"

Debbie took a deep breath, her palms sweating as she struggled to find the right words. "I...uh...I really like you, Derek. Like, more than just friends."

For a moment, Derek just stared at her, his expression unreadable. Then, to Debbie's relief, a smile spread across his face, warm and genuine.

"Debbie, I like you too," he said, his voice soft with sincerity. "I've liked you for a while now, I just didn't know how to say it."

Relief flooded through Debbie like a tidal wave, washing away her fears and doubts in an instant. She grinned, her heart soaring with happiness as she realized that her feelings were reciprocated.

As they sat together on the couch, talking and laughing like old friends, Debbie felt a sense of joy and contentment wash over her. She knew that this was just the beginning of a new chapter in her life, one filled with possibility and excitement.

And as she leaned in to kiss Derek for the first time, she couldn't help but feel grateful for the courage it had taken to speak her truth and the reward that had come from taking that leap of faith. For Debbie Gallagher, this was the start of something beautiful, and she couldn't wait to see where it would take her.

A\N:

Leave a comment❤️

Share🤸🏽‍♀️

Vote🫠