i. bonfire

CHAPTER ONE bonfire (social media / irl)

CHAPTER ONE
bonfire
(social media / irl)

IF THERE WAS ANYTHING YASMÍN LOVED DOING, IT WOULD BE HANGING OUT WITH HER FRIENDS

IF THERE WAS ANYTHING YASMÍN LOVED DOING, IT WOULD BE HANGING OUT WITH HER FRIENDS. She had a large friend group, which some people believed would cause problems, but they all made it work. Yasmín, Daniela, Manuel, and Linda started off as one quad, but when Dani started crushing and dating Valentina Smith in the 7th grade, they were introduced to their best friends for the rest of their lives.

After a week of convincing and begging, Yasmín persuaded her tía to allow Yasmín, Dani, Manuel, Valentina, and Linda to stay in her beach home for 2 weeks. After an entire Google Slides presentation, Yasmín finally convinced her tía to also allow Alex, Matt, Chris, and Nick to also stay in the beach home. It was now Day 19 of their 20 day trip and the group made the best of it.

At the beach, Yasmín and Manuel laid next to one another on a large blanket on the white sand, Chris and Alex played against Linda and Matt in a game of volleyball, (where Chris kept changing the rules), and Dani, Nick, and Valentina voluntarily walked to the Ice Cream Shoppe for the group.

"So..." Manuel started, making Yasmín take off her sunglasses and roll to her side to face her best friend, "So?"

"It's senior year, y'know, are you still head over heals for Pineapple?" Yas laughed at the code name, "He's out of earshot, I'm sure we can say his name, and I don't know? I've started to get over him and I know I need to but every since we've got here, he's been super...nice to me?"

"What? He's always nice to you, you're confusing me." Manuel thought for a moment, making Yasmín sigh, feeling conflicted with her emotions. "No, like I can't tell if he's being nice to me, or if he's flirting." Yasmín muttered, lowering her voice when  she heard giggling coming from Faye, who threw herself on top of Yasmín, "Yassss, come on, you have to come in the water with us. You've just been sitting here reading, you promised me."

"Maybe if you got off of me, I would be able to go into the water," Linda grumbled, hopping off her best friend's side, Yasmín pretended to get up but threw herself back down next to a smirking Manuel who saw Chris walking up to the commotion.