prologue

❥ ❛the exception,
prologue;
promise❜

warnings! ~ mentions of depression,
ptsd, car accidents, possibly more...

ʚ‎‏ ͜ ̩͙ ︵ ̩͙ ୨ ♡ ୧ ̩͙ ‏︵ ̩͙ ͜ ɞ

Aphrodite Blanchet. A very sweet girl who lived in the Southside. Yes, she's sweet and lives on the Southside so? Aphrodite was probably the purest person on the South. I mean, she can still be a bit of a bitch sometimes but that's only because she is a teen that has been through so much. And by bitch, I mean a bad one. If someone said something specific like, "You'll never amount to anything," Aphrodite's usually gentle demeanor might transform into a fierce defiance. She'd lift her chin, her eyes flashing with determination, and retort with a sharp wit that left her adversary speechless. "Watch me," she'd declare, her voice carrying the weight of her past struggles and the strength of her resolve. It would make the person back away in fear. 

It was moments like these when she realized how scared someone could be of her. That made Aphrodite scared. She didn't want somebody to fear her because if someone was Aphrodite would feel like a terrible person. 

Moving on, the reason why Aphrodite has been living with the Jones' was because when she was little, she was very close to the Jones siblings, Jughead and Jellybean. When Aphrodite was thirteen, she heard that her parent's got in an accident on the way home from their date night for their anniversary. Aphrodite remembered the sound of the police car sirens, she remembered the that it was 10:04 pm almost night, and that it was December 23 which was two days before Christmas. How tragic for the little girl. When that happened, it was FP Jones' idea to take her in. I mean, she was already close to the family so why not? 

After the accident, Aphrodite was experiencing some mental health issues. A bit of depression and PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). She was sent to therapy which of course was going to happen since she literally has depression and PTSD. Aphrodite goes to therapy every week for three days. 

But anyways, the kids at Riverdale High love her. Especially Reggie Mantle, and not in the way that you think. Reggie treated her like a little sister. I mean, of course he liked her when he met her, but now he likes her in a sibling type of way. Thank God for Aphrodite. I don't think any guy has ever liked her. Anyhow... Aphrodite gets treated like a Northsider. The Northside thinks she's too innocent to be like the Southsiders. Unless if someone got on her nerves than you would see a whole other side of her that was a bit like her side of the tracks. If Aphrodite ever went near the Southside Serpents (which was a gang in the South) all the Northsiders she hangs out with would literally fight the Serpents. I'm not kidding.

Reggie protects Aphrodite too much. Like, she knows he's just protecting her, but he's overprotective and not in a good way. To her at least. Aphrodite mostly gets treated like a child because she kind of acts like one. But she doesn't need protection. She can protect herself. She's not a child. She's literally sixteen almost seventeen, she doesn't need no protecting.

And she is gonna prove it this year. Aphrodite promises that.