KABANATA 41

"You didn't tell me about your condition," finally, Atlas had a confidence to ask Race about this.

It's been a days since he can't think clearly and he nearly went crazy because his boyfriend have a heart disease, yet he didn't know about it. He's totally clueless and he felt like a naïve.

Race sat on his bed, they arrived at Race house earlier and Race's parents let them talk in private. It's been an hour since they arrived, and those hour Atlas was debating with himself to ask Race or not about his condition. He really wanted to know. He deserve to know.

"I deserve to know about it, am I?" He asked, voice soft.

Race swallowed hard as he clutched his chest and said. "My mother had a heart disease," he paused for a seconds. "I told you that my mother died..." Race sighed. "She died because she had a heart disease. My father said, my mother didn't made it. My mother died when she gave birth of me, luckily my mother died when I finally came into this world."

Atlas squeezed his eyes. "That day when you suddenly disappeared without you telling me the reason,"

"Oh, perhaps that time was I hated you-"

"You have so many chances to tell me about your condition, yet you let me felt like I am a naïve." Atlas cut Race's off. He didn't want to, but he's disparately need to know Race's explanation.

Race looked at him directly in his eyes. "I am afraid that you'll not going to see me like you use to be-"

"What the fuck are you talking about, Race?" Atlas snapped. "You wronged me! Why did you decide for myself?"

"There were instances that I badly want to tell you about my condition, yet I am weak to do it. I always said to myself that you're going to treat me like I am a fragile and like a glass that need to look after-afraid of I am going to crash into pieces." Atlas was about to say something, but Race cut him off. "You have so many ambitions. One of it is to see the world, you like adventure and I thought that if you'll know my condition you'll limit all your actions. I know you care for me, so I know that you won't do some adventures anymore because you are worried about my condition. You won't be able to see the world because I am a fragile person that need to be look for. I cannot do anything I want because of my condition. My action was limited if I like to live longer."

Atlas's heart shattered into pieces as he heard Race. Yes, he was angry-fuming mad at Race because he kept this from him, yet what can he do? He love his man so much. He cannot stay angry for so long.

"At least you tell me sooner," Atlas whispered. "I will not treat you like a fragile, Race, you know that. I know that you are strong. Yes, perhaps you're right in the part of I will conscious when it comes to, and probably I will limit my actions and the adventures that I will do." He looked at Race's eyes. "But, at least you let me know what happened to you. I am not a kid, Race. I am not naïve, please, do not decide what I will do for you. Do not decide for me, Race. Please, do not keep secrets from me, I'll decide for myself what should I act when I know your secrets." Atlas pleaded.