Meeting my brother

*Lydia's P.O.V* 

I flew through the air on the side of Hagrid's motorcycle. I felt a mixture of feelings as I saw Hogwarts for the first time. I felt nervous as Hagrid and other professors keep telling me that I have a famous older brother, Harry Potter. I felt exited to actually attend a magic school and learn magic! Most of all I felt scared, petrified even. My parents had been killed by an evil wizard and I thought that evil would come get me.

The motorcycle slowed down and glided to the ground outside of Hogwarts. The doors swooshed open revealing an old man with long silver robes and a woman with emerald green robes and a tall, black witches hat. "Welcome to Hogwarts Ava!" The old man exclaimed. "Now if you'll follow me." He pointed to the corridor ahead of him and I obediently followed.

I entered a room with a dark haired boy with glasses and a scar on his forehead. "Ava this is Harry. Your brother." Dumbledore spoke as if it was a casual meeting.

"Ummmmmmm, hi. I'm Harry." Said the boy. I could tell he was nervous.

"I'm Ava." I replied trying to sound as confident as possible. We talked for ages and became quite close friends. There was a sudden loud noise and Dumbledore walked in. "Professor." Said Harry. " Is everything alright?"

"Yes everything is fine Harry." He turned to me. "Are you ready to find out what house you're in?"

"Ummmm, yeah I guess." I said trying my best to hide the nerves but ultimately failing.

"It's ok to be nervous." Said Harry as we walked. I gave him a thankful smile and scurried up to the chair where the sorting hat was. I sat down on the chair and the sorting hat began to contemplate the possibilities of different house for me to be in. "Hmmmmm.... the cleverness of a Ravenclaw, the loyalty of a Hufflepuff, the want of success like a Slytherin but most of all the bravery and a true heart of a GRYFFINDOR!" The sorting hat proclaimed.

The whole table cheered and I felt so proud that I was in the same house as my brother. I ran over and gave Harry a tight hug and sat down next to him. "Hi. I'm Ava Potter." I introduced.

"Wait did you say Potter?" A girl with fluffy brown hair said turning to Harry. " Harry is she your sister?" Harry gave a proud nod and gave me a big grin. Seconds later I had a huge smile plastered on my face too. The whole way through dinner we chatted about what my life was like before I knew about magic and came here.

After dinner we headed back to our dorms and I was in one with Ginny Weasley who just so happened to be the younger sister of Harry's best friend, Ron Weasley. Me and Ginny stayed up and chatted for hours before drifting off into a long deep slumber...

**** 

Hi guys I hope you liked the first chapter. I know it was short but the next chapters will be much longer.