"Gentlemen." Doc nodded. You looked to see two intimidating security guards standing at both sides of the archway that led into the pits.

"Where's your pass?" One asked gruffly.

"No entrance without a garage pass!" The other added in.

Turning back to Doc nervously, you watched with curiosity as he reached into his jacket and pulled out what looked like a small card. "Sorry it's nothing more, boys." Doc told them. "We were a very last minute addition to the team."

The one officer eyed Doc suspiciously at his statement, but when his eyes took in the details of the card his mouth dropped so far and so fast his jaw practically became unhinged. "No way!" He began to roughly nudge his buddy in the arm. "Look! Look at this!"

"What the...!?"

They both turned to Doc, asking in unison, "Are you really the Doc Hudson!?"

"I'm no spring chicken like I used to be," Doc chuckled as he confidently put his hands on his hips, "but I'm him, alright!" He then pulled you in front of him and held you close, telling security, "Now, if you don't mind, we've got a rookie in need of his pit crew and crew chief." He not-so-subtly gestured to your jacket, McQueen's official branded racing jacket, that was still secured around your torso.

"Yes, yes! Head on in!" The officer on the left hurriedly exclaimed.

"Hey! We need some ninety-five headsets and jackets over here!" The other yelled out loudly.

As you all were quickly rushed over to the pits, you quietly asked Doc, "What did you show them?"

He chuckled. "My old racing ID pass from the good ol' days! Add in the many wrinkles, fade, and all the built-up dirt from many years and there's no way you can't believe it's real!"

"Is it though?" You asked cautiously.

"I swear." He smiled at you proudly. "I've never parted with it. Never thought I'd need it again, though."

Once you guys had reached the pit, and everyone aside from you in your McQueen jacket and Doc in his Hudson attire were getting properly dressed in pit uniforms sporting that trademark Rusteze look, you looked out to the track.

There he was, rounding the corner right behind The King and Chick Hicks. It was Lightning McQueen, fighting his way down the track only feet behind the other contenders. You watched as he crossed the line seconds after them, another lap completed. Immense swellings of butterflies began to appear in your stomach from the sheer excitement and anxiety you felt at being so close to a real racetrack for the first time, and they only multiplied tenfold when your eyes had come to rest on that charming rookie in his element.

Your eyes closely followed as he continued down the stretch, however, to your horror, you watched as he never leaned into the turn and nearly hit the wall. In all honestly, you could've swore he hadn't even tried at all! It was like he somehow completely missed that it was there. With a sharp swerve, he veered off the track and spun out into the green, coming to a full stop. There was no stopping the sharp gasp that escaped your lips, which along with the exclamations of frustration and upset of the audience caught Doc's attention.

"Hey!" He yelled out gruffly. "Someone better get me a headset and now!"

As McQueen took his time to get back onto the track, Mac, McQueen's trailer driver who had been serving as both his crew chief and pit crew today, began to talk to Lightning. At the same time, somebody quickly ran over with a headset for Doc. Looking up at the large screen overhead behind the spectators, you watched the live footage capturing McQueen's slow re-entry to the track. You just couldn't grasp what exactly had happened just now.