three. aurora and the cole effect

chapter three!

season 1, episode 3 - the cole effect!

TODAY WAS THE HOMECOMING HUDDLE and Aurora was excited.  It was the one day of the year that she could finally miss school. Wearing a black long sleeved flared jumpsuit with cream colored uggs, her and Ned were walking around the field. "I don't really like football but this looks really fun." Aurora stated, looking at all the food carts. "Yeah, it does."

"I'm gonna get something to drink. Do you want anything?"

"I'll get whatever you're drinking." Aurora gave him a thumbs up, walking through a crowd of people.

Meanwhile, Cole was helping Alex and Jackie with the apple cider cart. Aurora, unaware, walked up to their stand. "Hi. Could I get two cups of apple cider, please?"

"Two cups coming right up." Cole stated, filling the cups with the cider. He turned around, about to hand her the drinks. "Here you -" Cole paused, now staring at her as she stared back at him. "Hey, sleeping beauty."

"Can I have my drinks now, seaweed brain?"

"Only if you say please."  Aurora smiled, "Could I please have my drinks, seaweed brain?"

"Here you go, princess.  Enjoy." Cole stated, handing her the cups.  "I will.  Thanks, blondie."

Unbeknownst to them, Erin was watching from afar.  And she was not happy.

The two eventually finished their apple cider, now standing in the crowd as they watched the cheerleaders perform. "Those moves aren't even good! They're just running around!" Aurora exclaimed, earning a few glares from the audience. "I mean... they're really good."

Once their routine was over, the coach announced that Dylan Newsome was the new starting quarterback. There was just one problem: 19 was Cole's number. "And I know... I know with his God-given talent and dedication, Lockwood doesn't stand a chance. Let's go, Bighorns!" the coach exclaimed, making the crowd roar.

"How do you think Cole feels about this?" Ned asked, causing Aurora to give him a confused look. "Why are you asking me? I don't know him!"

"Still, you should talk to him. You guys are friends now, right?" Aurora sighed, crossing her arms. "I guess? Maybe? I'm not really sure. But I'll find him and see how he's doing."

COLE WAS TOO BUSY WITH customers, lying to about the cider cart being connected to other parts of American history. Once he gave a woman her drink, Aurora leaned on the counter. "The Civil War, huh? When did it start then?"  Cole jumped in surprise, relaxing when he noticed it was her.  "Sleeping beauty, what brings you back here? Do you want more cider?"

"No.  I was just going to ask if you're okay after the whole football inauguration."

"Aw, you care about me?" Aurora rolled her eyes, "Don't try to change the subject.  Seriously though, are you okay?"  The blonde sighed, "Not really.  I didn't think they would replace me that fast, especially with my best friend."

"If it makes you feel any better, I've seen him play and he's good.  But I do think it's a bit shady of them to do that."  Cole smiled, "Thanks, Princess."

"Anytime, blondie. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go back to Ned."

"Is he your boyfriend?" Cole asked, curiously. "No, no! We're just friends. Plus, I think he likes someone."

"You two seem pretty close."

"Because we're friends, seaweed brain. Keep up." As she walked away from the cart, Cole smiled. "Cole! We have customers to attend!" Alex stated, breaking the blonde out of a trance. "Yeah, yeah! I'm coming!"

The fair ended with Cole offering himself up for charity, helping Jackie with the fundraiser. As he got off the stage, Aurora smiled. "That was really nice of you, blondie." Cole gasped dramatically, putting a hand on his heart. "Are you surprised that I'm doing something nice? Wow, princess. Do you really think that low of me?"

"I don't, Cole. Anyways, you want to come to Monty's with me and Ned?"

"I would but I'm already going with Erin. I'll see you there?"

"See you there, blondie." Aurora was aware of Cole's quote on quote "effect" that he had on people at school, especially the girls. She knew that it hurt others in the process, however.

She just hoped it wouldn't happen to her.

Maya Speaks 💫:

THEIR SO FUCKING CUTE I WAS GRINNING EAR TO EAR WHEN I WAS WRITING ABOUT THEM

NED AND HER BEING PLATONIC BESTIES 🫶🏾 AS THEY SHOULD BC I WAS NOT WRITING A LOVE TRIANGLE 💀

Trying to think of a ship name for them atm!! Also Get Him Back should be updated later!!

Ty for reading and I hope you enjoyed!!