"Mis amores... Los amo con toda mi alma. Perdoname. " (My loves... I love you with my entire soul. Please forgive me.) Tatsuya holds an arm around his wife's shoulder and walks away with her, an emotionless expression on his face.

Tatsuya has always been a stoic man. His kids have never seen him so much as shed a tear. The only time he cried was during his wife's initiation, which happened to be the same day their kids were baptized.

They got the news from Eleu that Dominique was an enchantress. That she was going to be the one to fulfill the prophecy.

My beautiful, baby girl. His newborn princess was now on her way to become the world's greatest mage, and save us all. He remembered holding her in his arms, bouncing up and down while she smiled up at him, and with his rough fingers, playing with her wiggling fingers. He let his demeanor crack and a few tears fell onto his baby's pink clothes.

Looking back on that memory, he almost lost his demeanor again. Seeing his children, now grown adults, fighting against him was not at all how he thought that moment would go. When he remembered he was holding his inconsolable wife, he remembered what his job was, and he remembered who he shed those tears for.

Those tears he shed so many years ago were for his children. Not his wife, not himself, not the clan, for his beautiful, twin children who were now on their way to saving the world.

~~~

The twins were now standing before the council, all of them intimidating figures. It was surprising to them that their parents stood on the stand, expressionless. As if their mother hadn't completely lost her composure less than 30 minutes prior.

Dom was reading the room and everyone who stood in front of her, trying to understand them all. Everyone looked scary, even Makani. She was normally the shy and lesser spoken girl in the group. She was approachable and kind to everyone, but in that moment she looked fierce and untouchable.

There was another girl off to the side of the podium, with some kind of large book in her hands.

"Introduce yourselves before the council," the unnamed girl spoke.

They stayed silent and looked at one another. Dom leaned her shoulder onto her brother, urging him to respond first.

"Uh, Tomas Yamada?"

"No need to be so nervous. We're really not that scary. Except Ayana. She can be pretty scary," Eleu jokes.

Dom assumed the woman to the right of Eleu was Ayana, a mean scowl plastered on her face and her hair was tightly slicked back into the neatest bun that she had ever seen. She truly was the scariest woman she had ever seen.

"And you, young lady?"

"Dom-Dominique Yamada."

In one instant, the lights in the large room dimmed drastically. A small gasp left Dom's lips as she inched closer to Tomas.

What the fuck?

"Hear me as I recite the clan history along with the prophecy," his eyes turned a similar dark green that Makani's did the night of the oaths.

Do all of their eyes become the same color? Will mine?.. That'd be kind of cool. Green is one of my favorite colors, after all.

"Hundreds of years ago, the 13th generation of this clan were all brutally massacred by the abomination enchanter. One who goes by the name... Kahue Abaddon," Eleu's voice was booming throughout the council hall, Dom could almost feel the vibrations in the ground. When he spoke the name of the buried enchanter, she could feel a kind of ick run through her body.