“I...I want to...” The more I talk is the more I lose my breaths.

Beads of sweat have already formed on my forehead, and they’re sliding down my cheeks already. My hands try to hold my standing position against the table, but frankly, I can’t even feel it.

It’s as though my fingers have lost all blood and numbness has settled in.

Before I knew it, my eyes rolled to the back of my head, and I fell—except I didn’t fall as someone caught me.

My brain is fading in and out, like it is being edited. When my eyes open again, wet from tears that are forced to come out, a showcase that my body is going through a pain that it can’t control, I see Kade talking, but I can’t hear.

Then, it comes like a whisper, “Kaya!”

Then, suddenly, I could hear his voice shrieking into my ears. “Get in contact with the private physician. He should come here right away, fast, and now! I need her treated!” He’s giving a command to someone that I can’t come to see. My sense of sight has shortened and is restricted to just him and him alone. Perhaps because he’s closer to me.

Then his eyes falls on me. “Kaya, stay with me. Open your eyes!”

“Am I closing them?” I thought I was talking out loud, but it’s only inside my mind.

“What’s happening to you?”

A pain shoots up inside my stomach once again, and I cry out loud. My ears must have been blocked out as well, because I can’t even hear my own scream.

I close my eyes for a second just to rest my head, and when I open them again, I feel myself being lowered down on a bed. Someone is caring for me, and the only person that I can see is Kade.

His eyes are peeled at me as he keeps on patting my cheeks. “Keep your eyes open, Kaya, no matter what.”

But that isn’t his voice this time around. I’d recognized it anywhere. Kieran is here too.

Out of the blue, I hear another’s voice, Kyle’s, “he’s here. The physician, he’s here...” He’s quick with his words, and his tone shows just how much he’s scared.

I feel a quickened hardness in my throat and cough it out, only for blood to spurt out.

My body is out of my control. I could smell and feel my own blood all over every part of my inside, and from my mouth, more kept coming until a worsened part came where I lost total control.

I am convulsing.

And that’s when I lost all consciousness.

Another point of view is Jared and Emilie, impatiently waiting in a room. Emilie keeps making noises with her heels, which keep clicking continuously as she paces from left to right, unable to take a grip on herself.

Jared, on the other hand, is getting offended but wouldn’t want to talk because of the situation that they’re in.

“This has to work. It must, Jared!” Emilie is fast with her words as she rushes to stand in front of Jared.

“And I know it will.”

Emilie is about to speak again when the door opens sharply and a girl walks in. She is the girl who passed Kaya food earlier.

“How did it go?”

“Perfect. My Lords didn’t want to give it to her at first, but they didn’t stop me, however. The witch has eaten the food along with the poison that you gave me. She’s currently dying.” The girl seems happy, but more importantly, Emilie’s and Jared’s happiness is flying over the roof.

“Yes!” Jared jabs his elbows with a large grin on his face.

“This is such good news. You did great, and you shall get your reward in full!” Emilie speaks before her eyes shift over to Jared.”

“Oh, yes, of course. In full.”

The girl quickly rushes to Jared, since he was the one who came up with the idea and hired her. She is just a lowly maid who’s trying to find her own escape too and won’t mind doing anything to achieve it. “I’m so grateful. So, finally, I’d get out of here and live a life that I’ve always imagined and wanted. Thank you for this privilege. I’m so glad that I didn’t let you down.”

Jared smiles, his index finger stroking the girl’s face as he says. “What else do you know?”

The girl’s eyes drop as she thinks. “Oh, my Lords have rushed her to their rooms. I think they’re trying to call a physician for her. I’m sure the witch must be dead by now.”

“You’re so loyal, aren’t you?” Jared speaks out loud before he cups the girl’s face with both hands of his. Her smile cracks down into a horrific look within a second when her head twists to the opposite side, followed by a crunch, an action caused by Jared.

Once the maid has fallen to the ground, Jared turns to Emilie. “We have to stop the triplets from saving her. No matter what.”

The both of them speed off to the triplets’ room.