CH 3: AN ACCIDENT

AUTHOR'S POV

“So Miss Singhania…I heard that you were really close with Mr Roy” Ishaan said.

“Hmm….He was the first employer of my company…he’s been with me since I’ve started this company….His daughter is my good friend and he was like a father to me…..he has always guided me through problems” Kritika replied.

“Tsk!....That could not be a reason to kill someone” Ishaan said fueling her anger.

“What do you mean Mr Malhotra?!” Kritika asked almost yelling.

“I didn’t mean anything….I’m just saying that being a fatherly figure can not be a reason for you to kill him” Ishaan said fueling her anger more.

“Mr Malhotra….I didn’t kill him…How can I kill him….Why would I kill him….Furthermore you don’t have any rights to talk to me like that” Kritika said controlling her anger but still her voice came out as shouting. Her eyes were red by that time due to anger.

“That’s also my que—” Ishaan could not complete his sentence as he was cut off by Kritika.

“WHAT THE HECK!!” Kritika shouted.

“What happened?!” Ishaan asked.

“The brake is not working…” Kritika said in her panicking tone.

“Look ahead!” Ishaan yelled as a Lorry truck was coming towards them at full speed. In a swift motion Ishaan held the steering wheel and turned it left causing the car to hit a tree but the truck already did the damage to Kritika as she was on the driving side of the car.

After a few minutes, Ishaan gained his consciousness. He grabbed his phone and then called for the ambulance. Ishaan unbuckled himself and got out of the car. His head was spinning because of the sudden incident. He still managed himself and went to Kritika’s side. The car was brutally damaged on that side but still he managed to open the door. Blood was oozing out of Kritika’s head and her right hand was severely injured and bruised. Ishaan held her hand to check the pulse rate but the pulse rate was very low. He unbuckled her seatbelt and in the meantime he heard the ambulance coming. He carefully lifted her in his arms and placed her on the stretcher and then he settled himself on the ambulance.

“Doctor!! Doctor!!” Ishaan shouted as they reached the hospital.

“What’s the condition of the patient?” Dr Rehaan Malhotra asked entering the scene. Rehaan stopped in his tracks when he spotted Ishaan.

Dr Rehaan Malhotra, 26 years, a renowned doctor in the City’s best hospital. He is the younger brother of Ishaan. He calls his brother, Ishaan ‘Captain’.

“Nurse prepare the OT immediately..!!” Rehaan ordered before walking up to his brother.

“What happened, Captain??....Are you okay?!” Rehaan asked his brother in his concerning tone.

“I’m okay….I’m fine….Just make sure she’s fine” Ishaan assured his brother and Rehaan ran towards the OT.

Ishaan was waiting for them outside the OT. When he was replaying everything in his mind, Mr Ahuja came in along with Karan and Hriday.

“I heard everything. I think Miss Singhania is the victim here rather than the suspect. The truck that hit her car has no number plate. The brake failure of her car is not a coincidence at all.” Mr Ahuja said keeping his opinion.

“Either she is purely innocent or dangerously dextrous” Ishaan said.

Please vote, comment and share. Also follow me on my insta account @thebrokensitar . Hope you enjoy this story.