"don't guilt trip me, shanti." he shook his head again, now he was about to think about this all night. he hated when she made him think below surface level.

trez knew himself well enough, the closer he got with riley, the more delusional he'd get. delusional trez was a blessing and a curse.

"i'm just saying." she walked over to the bed, laying out the outfit she had together so far. a tangerine orange hoodie that had the word 'BARROW' in white bold letters and a bear that splats of color on it.

"which jeans would be better?" she tossed down a pair of black ones, light wash ones, and some indigo wash dad jeans. trez looked over his three options before shrugging, "what do i pay you for again?"

a'shanti looked up at him with a harsh stare. "you're such an asshole," she rolled her eyes, grabbing the black and indigo jeans. leaving the light ones out. "put this outfit on."

"love you shanti." he smiled as she started walking out of the room, hands going to put her hair up into a bun.

"yeah, love you too, tay'zon."

as she walked out of the room and down the hallway, she saw riley and ming in one of trez's guest rooms. she knocked on the door before entering with a smile, "hey! you guys ready to go?"

"yeah, just about," ming nodded as she closed her suitcase up, curling iron in her other hand. "how good are you with hair?"

a'shanti smiled wider, grabbing the hair tool from her hand walking them to the large bathroom that was connected to the room.

"uhm, a'shanti, did you just take my friend from me?" riley asked, raising a brow as he watched them talk. a'shanti waved her hand, "girl talk. tay's room is down the hall though." she winked causing ming to laugh.

riley shook his head and grabbed his phone from off the bed to check the time. "don't be long, party started a long ass time ago."

"yeah but if we get there early we'd look lame." ming pouted and a'shanti agreeing with her like a man in the amen corner. he didn't say anything, just left the room to go find trez.

he really wanted to go eat his leftovers, but was deciding against since the party might have some bomb food. "you lookin' for something?" he heard trez's voice before bumping face first into his chest.

"ah shit." he winced, rubbing his forehead, looking up at the rapper who was staring down at him. "oh shit.." he mumbled

"i never noticed your eyes." trez said staring in his deeply. "i thought they was brown, they a lil reddish...maroon, yeah."

riley swallowed hard, breaking the eye contact first, heart feeling like it was about to burst out his chest. "yeah." he mirrored.

"what was you looking for? you thirsty?" trez asked. riley shook his head, nerves calming down slightly. he would love for them to calm down some more.

"you drink?" he asked.

trez smiled, "hell yeah," he walked past riley into the kitchen. "whatchu want?"

"a shot...or two." riley followed behind him, going to sit down at the little bar set up once they got to the kitchen. "nothin' too strong, ion wanna end up ass naked in a whole bunch of people."

trez laughed walking over to the variety of liquor. "hm...ion know ry bae. all i drink is the hard stuff, a shot shouldn't fuck you up tho." he grabbed one of his personal faves, don julio anejo.

"here," he poured it in a shot glass. one for him and one for riley. "you might like that."

"i can't drink this without a toast, tay," he held his shot up. "it's a riley tradition."