Sleepover

(CW: Psychological Horror)

"This'll be so much fun!" Wally grins at you as you step into Home, duffel bag in tow. While yes, you are excited, you also are nervous.

"This is going to be the best sleepover!" Julie chimes in.

The gang truly is all here, you're the last one to arrive, and the sleepover is in full tilt. Julie sits crossed legged painting Sally's nails, Poppy is dressed to nines in her rainbow pajamas while Howdy wears more conservative plaid pajamas, Eddie eagerly listens to Frank talk about a butterfly book he recently read, and Wally, ever the pleasant host, leads you around the party.

That's not to forget Barnaby, who is already passed out in the corner.

The nervous pit in your stomach continues to gnaw at you, even as Julie tugs you in to get your nails painted. You've never spent the night at Wally's house before, it's certainly a new experience.

"What color do you want?" Julie asks, pulling out a bag chalk full of nail polish. "I brought my whole collection!" You admire the red color of her own nails while Sally also shows off her bright orange ones.

"Umm..." You're rather indecisive, plus there are so many colors to choose from.

"I just ran out of black though, Frank likes to use it." Julie adds.

"What other color am I supposed to paint my nails?" Frank scoffs, throwing a hand up. Eddie giggles along.

"I think you'd look nice with yellow polish." Poppy says to Frank.

"Oh, yes!" Eddie practically jumps at the thought. "Do yellow, Frank!" Frank merely rolls his eyes, a blush darkening his cheeks.

"I think this blue would look nice on you." Wally nudges you, noticing your indecision. You grasp the color he pointed out, staring down at it. It's a beautiful midnight blue, he truly did pick out a suiting color. You shouldn't be surprised though, painters do have a good eye for that.

Julie grabs the polish from you, "Perfect!" You stick out your hands for her as she leans down to get to work.

You all continue to idly chatter as Julie finishes up your nails.

"And done!" She beams. You admire the careful work she's done.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" Howdy digs through his bag. "I brought some snacks!"

He tosses out candy bars and other treats. You can't exactly eat with your nails still wet, so you watch as the others dig in and blow on your nails.

"Should we wake up Barnaby?" Poppy frets. "He would be sorely disappointed if he missed out."

"Let me wake the big oaf." Wally gives a wink, sauntering over to the sleeping Barnaby. Leaning down, he shake's Barnaby's arm.

Nothing happens.

"Barnaby!" Wally shakes him harder. "Wake up!"

Howdy sighs, "I guess he doesn't want treats-"

"Did someone say treats!" In an instant, Barnaby is up, tail wagging. Everyone laughs.

"I should've known." Wally rolls his eyes with a grin as Barnaby races to get food. He turns to his seat near you.

As Barnaby quickly chomps down his food, Julie fiddles more with her nail polish.

"Wally, we should paint your nails!" Julie suddenly shouts.

Wally merely laughs, "I'm an artist, but I don't think that's really for me."

"Oh, come on!" Sally tries to convince him. "We can also get Eddie and Barnaby in on it too!"

"I feel like I'm already colorful enough." Barnaby says between bites.