The Visiting Sister: Kyra

Comincia dall'inizio

She scoffed, "Hello Sifu Sho." I smirked, "I see your cruel ways haven't changed." She rolled her eyes, "I see you are with my banished brother, Zuzu.." She fire bended to the rock ledge across from me, she sent a wave toward me. I dodged with ease at her attempt to shake me. She groaned as I took a perch on another rock formation sticking out of the cliff just a few feet above her. "Yes, I am.. I'm helping him teach the Avatar fire bending." She laughed, "Why would you do that? Your bending was weak and easily penetrable." I smirked, "Well Azula, you act like you know everything but sadly you do not. I guess the best way for the world to know who I am is to tell the Princess, daughter of Ozai himself. I'm the avatars twin sister, Azula. Capable of all the elements, just like my brother." She cascaded a fist a blue fire towards me. I diminished it with ease, "Oh Azula I see you haven't changed, your anger flows through you. Even your technique is still lacking momentum, even your brother knows better." She was different now than as a child. She was unraveling, she was no longer in control of her emotions, "I can see you still think you can change everyone and everything. You think you are so wise and all knowing, but your wrong." I shook my head, "At least I'm doing what is right." She growled as she tried to bend another fist of blue fire toward me, and once again I diminished it. I laughed as I stood up, "Why are you talking to me?" She stayed crouched as she blew a strand of her hair from her face. I smirked, "I know one thing I could not change during my time living with you and your family... and that is you Azula. Even your dear mother knew that.." Her anger was her powerful enemy, she flipped onto the rising aircraft, she landed and I watched her build up her lightening.

I was ready for it, she gave a hysterical laugh as she struck me. But only to her amazement I redirected it into the sky above us I heard Appa calling for me as I fell into the mist below and glided away. I dodged some more lightening as I tried to catch up with the group. As I landed on Appa, somersaulting into the saddle with deep heavy breaths. As I started to stand, Zuko grabbed me and pulled me into an embrace, "Are you crazy!?" I laughed, "Only slightly.." Toph and Sokka laughed. Aang came up beside us, "Kyra, why did you talk to her? She could of captured you." I pulled away from my embrace from Zuko, "Because Aang I wanted the world to know, that the Avatar was not alone. That his twin sister with abilities just like his, has risen." Zuko frowned, "So you jumped off Appa to tell my deranged sister that you exist!? We could have told the next town that! What if she captured you or worse turned you in to my father." I rolled my eyes, "It wouldn't be any different than when I visited you the first time. Your father is just as deranged as your sister, but anyway by doing what I did, I noticed something." Aang looked to Zuko then me, "Noticed what!" I crossed my arms, "Azula isn't the same, she's losing control." Zuko sighed, "Next time I don't think you should just jump off Appa to just..." He threw his hands in the air, "Whatever it was you did!"

I crossed my arms, "Well you know what I can handle myself! I am the most advanced bender in this group. Both of you need to calm down, I didn't get captured and yes it may have been risky but I think you all need to realize is that someone is going to have to take Azula down and the more we get intel on her well being the better the fight between that person and her will be." I realized I had released my crossed arms and my fists were clenched. I released them as I looked at the clouds. I could feel Zuko's staring at my face, "I was just.." I turned to him and clenched my hands again, "Just what Zuko!?" He sighed and looked at the clouds not answering me which made me even more furious, "Zuko, I don't want her being Fire Lord. You are the true heir to that throne, if you haven't realized that then here is your wake up call. Your mother, uncle and I spoke of one day that the grandson of Roku would soon rise to meet that honor. And I want to be able to be by your side, even if I have to be queen." I realized what I said as shock entered into my body. I loved Zuko so much it never occurred to me that I wanted to be his queen. But I couldn't, my head is telling me not to, but my heart is reminding me of the connection we had between us. A connection that can't be broken and so pure. I knew it, but I had kept fighting it every step of the way. Sokka stood, "Wait.. grandson of Avatar Roku? Like the fire bender Avatar.. the one with the Fire Sages?" Katara punched him in the shoulder, "Not now Sokka.." Everyone was looking at Zuko and me, "This is awkward." Suki said wincing. "Hot head..weird bender wants to be your queen." Toph said poking Zuko in the calf laughing. Zuko looked at me stunned, but he was smiling. I just looked at the clouds wishing I was far away from here. I felt this hand grab my chin, I looked at Zuko who was smiling wider now. "I just want you to choose the path you think is right, Kyra. But deep down I do hope you chose to be my queen one day." I wasn't sure what was right anymore. I let a tear fall down my face as I turned from him to go and sit on Appa's head.

The whole afternoon we flew through the land of the Fire Nation until we landed in a meadow. I didn't eat with the group that night I just slept until the next day. Toph and Suki came an told me Zuko was helping Katara find the man who killed her mom. I laid there and told them to leave me. For two days they were gone, when they finally came back Toph told me that Katara didn't kill him. I was happy for her, she made the right choice. That night as I laid in my tent, a figure entered into my room. "Kyra?" I sat up and saw it was Zuko. "What do you want Zuko?" I rubbed my eyes, "You haven't eaten in a few days, that's what." He scoffed to me. I sighed, "Yeah I know." He knelt beside my bed, "What's wrong?" I let a few tears fall from my face, "I don't know what the right path is Zuko. My mind is repeating the oath I gave. But my heart is telling me what I truly want." I was sitting all the way up now my feet on the grass as he laid his hand on my knee. "What is your heart telling you?" His eyes glistened from the lamp to my side. "My heart tells me to give you what I can offer. But I can't offer much." He only smiled as his hand shifted to my cheek cupping it in his hand, "A short time with you, would mean everything to me. I have fallen for you already in just this short time and it has been amazing." I nodded, "Yes and I you. But I don't know if I could just leave you after only a year." He put his hand on my cheek, "Kyra, having you by my side would mean the world to me, I know the sacrifice I will be making if we go through with this."

I stood walking past him. "What about my oath Zuko? I can't just abandon it. But I also can't abandon you!" He stood staring at my back, "You won't abandon me Kyra. Your destiny had been called upon you, something I know you truly weren't sure you wanted. They have decided your duty in this world but they can't control how you feel. No one can tell you what your heart wants, you get to chose that. The question is what do you want Kyra?" I felt tears stream down my face as I turned to face him, "I WANT YOU! Since we met near the river I wanted you." He abruptly stepped forward grabbing my face with both hands and kissed me hard. The kiss was passionate, tender, and it made my stomach flutter. He pulled way quickly putting his arms to his side, "I'm sorry I couldn't wait any longer, I didn't mean.." I reached up pulling on the back of his neck down towards me and kissed him back before he could finish. We pulled away and started laughing. "Your what I want too Kyra." I smiled. That night we cuddled on my small cot. The next morning I woke up and felt him behind me. I giggled, "What are you giggling about?" said a coarse voice. I turned around in the covers and saw his dark hair all in different directions. "Nice hair." He smirked, "You should see your hair." I giggled and slithered out of the bed. I walked over and saw the mirror in the corner of my tent I walked over to it. I looked at my long shirt and pant-less body. I was smiling in the mirror forever before realizing it. I quickly started to get dressed. I looked over at Zuko who was getting dressed as well. His back muscles made my whole body shiver, "What are you staring at?" I didn't realize he saw me, "You of course."

He smiled as he walked over to me, he was shirtless and smelled of body sweat. I was fully dressed now as he kissed my neck. I smiled, "Aang is going to freak out on you." He laughed, "Ehh, I got you to protect me." He kissed my neck up to my cheek bone then stopped just as he sent a shiver through my body. He grabbed his shirt and put it on. I earth bended a tunnel at the back of my tent. He gave me a confusing look, "So you can sneak out." He kissed me softly and pulled away, "Thank you." I smiled and watched him crawl out. I waited a few minutes until I heard him talking. I walked out of the tent and everyone was getting ready to leave. I watched Zuko go into his tent and start to pack. I went back into mine and did the same. When everyone was done we all decided to debate where to go when Zuko said, "How about Ember Island?" I looked at him and smiled. Everyone seemed to be ok with the idea. As we headed there I slept in Zuko's lap, as he played with my hair.