Prologue

❋ : the day of manifestation

"gem, it's time to go." mother called me from behind. i looked back at her, hoping that i can extend more but she just give me the 'look'. i ended up pouting, looking at those lovely flowers as mother dragged me away.

we were at the market of cezar city to get some of our needs 'cause we ran out of stock. we rarely go to cezar market, mother said that we have all the thing we need at the humdrums place. which ended of her sighing of defeat afterwards because we ran out of some ingredients needed for our potion lessons.

i let out a deep sigh as we passed the young witches playing with dandelions. "mother?" i said in a low tone, she's still holding my hand as we walk by. "can i have friends too? just like them?" she stopped, para bang nagulat sa sinabi ko. pansin ko ang takaw tingin niyang tinignan ang mga 'to. "soon, but not for now gem. we have a lot of things to prioritize." with that, mother continued to drag me around.

mother is busy picking things up when a shop caught my attention. the shop is empty unlike the busy street i am currently at, katapat ko lamang 'to ngunit tawid kalsada. i looked back at mother, she's talking to the lady selling herbs. hindi niya naman siguro mapapansin na umalis ako ng saglit? i'll just take a peek.

buong ngiti akong nagpatalon talon papatawid, i am excited. i think there are a lot of interesting stuff inside, well it's like calling me to come forward.

i gently push the shop's glass door. a bell rang on top of it, announcing that somebody come in. the place is so quiet and well dimmed. i noticed that there's a lot of small rectangular boxes on the shelves, i wonder what's inside of those?

"cersei everidge." napatalon ako papalikod noong may matandang sumulpot sa harapan ko. may mahaba 'tong balbas at may katangkaran. he's on the other side of the counter, i can barely see him kahit may katangkaran siya. it's because of the things placed on top of the counter. utal-utal kong sagot, "d-do i know y-you? mister?" how did he knew my name? is he kinda of a fortune teller? or some sort of a time traveler?

he chuckled, "you don't know who i am but ofcourse kilala kita cersei." he smiled habang papaalis sa likuran ng counter. "sino ba ang hindi makakakilala sa isang everidge?" i am so confused. he knew someone that holds the same surname? does he knew my father? "i know what's in your mind cersei, but i'm not in the position to tell you that. now, what brings you here?" nakangiti na siyang nasa harapan ko mismo, walang kahit anong nakaharang sa pagitan namin.

i looked around, this is a wand shop pala. that's why it feels like calling me, gustong gusto ko magkaroon ng wand. well, mother said that i am not allowed to have a wand. kailangan ko munang makatungtong ng 8 years old bago ako magkaroon. okay lang naman siguro na pumili na ako ngayon? total kaarawan ko naman na kinabukasan. this past years, mother only taught me how to make diff kind of potions plus she made me read tons of books.

yes, i am home schooled. infact, young enchanters start schooling at the age of 8. they were sent to a boarding school, i don't know if mother would continue to home school me or send me there just like the others.

though others give their child wands at the age of five. unfortunately, mother decided to give it to me at the age of eight. her excuse is, its the best to memorize the spells first before executing it.

"a wand." i said while my eyes are wandering around. there's a lot of fancy designed wands. i bet they are powerful, also, expensive. ahm, a thing that an 8 year old girl shouldn't meddle with.

"matagal na kitang inaantay everidge." lumakad siya papunta sa naglalakihang shelves. he searched for five minutes, then he came back to where i am. iginaya niya sa'kin ang isang maalikabok na kahon, "open it everidge." he handed it to me. maingat kong inilabas sa kahon ang wand, "it's beautiful." i said. he smiled and nodded, a cue for me to make it work.