"Where is Nii-chan and Mana?"

"Nii-chan is in the bathroom and Mana is drawing in the room."

Once again, Y/N hears and feels her cell phone vibrate in her hand although, this time, it is calling. She knows she can't take too long to respond, knowing how paranoid Ran has been lately when he doesn't hear back immediately from her.
He will only feel satisfied when he hears her voice. In the older Haitani's mind, there are possibilities that something bad happened to her. Although Y/N ​​told him that Izana had offered a ride and that she was already close to home.
Even so, it seemed that Ran had gone a little crazy to the point of thinking that Izana might do something to her. He shouldn't have worried knowing that she was safe and that his own boss was the one taking her home.

There was no reason for him to be worried. Right?

Izana has been nothing less than of kind and gentleman with her since the beginning, it was something she deeply appreciated. Only today, she felt a little uncomfortable with his out-of-character attitude.

"Luna, take this bag and take it to the kitchen. I brought you a surprise. But, only after dinner when you two have eaten everything."

Y/N along with Takashi were forced to mature very quickly, taking on the roles of parents that didn't belong to them, due to the fact that their mother was always busy working.
The older ones never complained, as their mother always tried her best to be present in the most important moments of their lives. And more than anything, they feel grateful to have a devoted mother who is willing to take care of them, doing everything possible and impossible to get food into the house. And most importantly, love them unconditionally. Even in the absence of their father.

"Really, nee-chan?!."

Y/N hummed and the little girl's pink eyes sparkled with excitement as she moved away from her waist. The little girl's eyes strayed to where the older Mitsuya was pointing. Luna ran eagerly to find out what was in the bag before opening it and screaming with joy at the sight. There were several sweets and snacks packed separately in transparent boxes.

It had been a while since she and Mana had eaten something bought from outside and, Y/N being the attentive and loving older sister that she is, she wanted to spoil them. Luna went to the kitchen, diligently obeying her older sister.

Y/N couldn't help but smile warmly as she watched the youngest walk away. Her smile fades and genuine concern takes over her soft features, she opens the flip of her cell phone to see who was calling her this time.

Rindou walked down the stairs with his gym bag slung over his right shoulder, as soon as he entered the room he felt an unsettling tension hovering in the air

He turns his face and sees Ran sitting on the couch with his elbows resting on his thighs without taking his eyes off his cell phone. The youngest Haitani raises his eyebrow in intrigue as he looks at his brother's expression full of annoyance.