❛𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀 𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐍❜

Start from the beginning

Yeon didn't respond and took off running, not wanting to waste any time. Minji grumbled about how he never fully explains things and just went heads first into the situation by himself. Then started running too, towards the house, a few steps behind him.

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

"What are you up to, huh? What kind of game are you trying to play?" Ji Ah asked, deciding to return to the matter at hand.

"I'm not going to tell you." Rang shook his head and walked away, but stopped in his tracks before turning around. "Let me offer you a piece of advice instead."

"Don't trust everything Lee Yeon says," Rang cautioned seriously, though he was unable to mask his smirk.

"What exactly do you mean by that?" Ji Ah asked in confusion.

Rang shrugged, then turned around once again and replied cryptically, "If he finds what he's searching for, you will experience hell."

With that remark, Rang walked away with an air of nonchalance. He could sense Yeon's aura close by.

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

Minji and Yeon finally arrived at the scene, only to find Ji Ah seated on the steps of the house and Lee Rang nowhere to be seen.

"He already left," Ji Ah said wearily.

"You don't seem to be injured," Yeon remarked, still panting from the exertion of running. "What did he say?"

"He said that he can find my parents," Ji Ah disclosed.

Minji expressed her annoyance and said, "I really hope you kicked his ass."

"What was your response?" Yeon inquired, visibly worried. He dismissed Minji's comment, seeking Ji Ah's answer.

"Regrettably, I did not have a chance to kick his ass," Ji Ah responded with a smirk, finding amusement in the situation. "But, I did manage to put him in his place." She disregarded Yeon's question, which seemed to only enhance his concerned expression.

Yeon continued, seeking an answer. "Can we go back to the matter at hand? What was your response to his offer?"

"I declined," Ji Ah responded, standing upright. "After all, Minji had made a deal with you, right?"

Minji asked, her curiosity peaked. "Did he mention anything else?"

Ji Ah replied, her voice containing a hint of amusement, "It appears Lee Rang is preparing a special event."

Lee Yeon responded, his voice carrying a touch of amusement. "I'm not surprised in the slightest." He said, hinting at his awareness of the situation.

‧₊˚❀˚₊‧⁺˖ ˖⁺‧₊˚❀˚₊‧

Minji walked up the stairs leading into the lush, mountain forest. She wanted to be away from the village and have her peace and quiet. As she strolled, she received a call from Ji Ah.

Ji Ah's voice crackled through the static, "Minji, the disappearances have a pattern. They occur on July 15th of the lunar year." Her tone was filled with urgency as she added, "If my deductions are accurate, the next disappearance is expected to happen today."

"Great..." Minji exhaled deeply, pressing the device closer to her ear, and remarked, "The person behind these disappearances cannot be the same person unless it is not human."