Chapter 3 - Festivities

Start from the beginning

"Oh my, which one should I wear Giyu?" Tstutako is frantically trying to make a decision on which yukata to wear but she's been given 5 kimonos and doesnt know which one to wear.

"Which one would Masato like?" Tsutao expressed her uncertainty, she wanted to pick a kimono that her fiancee' Tsukihiko would like.

"Nee-san, the purple kimono might suit you." Giyu tried to be useful to his sister, so when he saw a purple kimono he thought she should give it a try.

Tsutako entered her room to change, once her kimono was on she showed Giyu.

"Giyu, am I pretty?" Tsutako asked Giyu, she was a bit insecure about herself as she wants to make an impression on Masato.

"Nee-san, you're the prettiest in the world! Besides, if Masato doesn't like it then I'll kick his ass!" Giyu said with a grin on his face, those words melted his sister's heart and made her very happy.

"AW Giyu thank you! But please, mind your language giyu!" Tsutako expressed her gratitude.

The 2 siblings started laughing.

"You're the prettiest person in the world." Giyu subconsciously said quietly, he forgot that he wasn't in the past with his sister, and the words  had justslipped out of his mouth.

"Tomioka-san, What did you just say to me!?" Shinobu exclaimed a bit embarrassed by the sudden compliment, but in a way she was happy that finally someone genuinely complimented her...

"Kocho, sorry. You reminded me of my sister back when she was trying to pick a kimono to wear at a festival, I called you pretty by accident. sorry." Giyu quickly apologized 

...Or not.

'It was foolish of me to think someone would ever call me pretty, someone like Nee-san would deserve a compliment like that, but not me.' Shinobu thought to herself as she started to look down.

Giyu could tell that something was off about Shinobu.

'Is she sad that I didn't actually compliment her? But that would contradict everything I know about her, wait.. Are those tears?' Giyu saw a tear in shnobu's eyes which she quickly blinked away, he knew that he should try and make her feel better.

"Kocho, you may not be the prettiest woman in the world, but in my eyes, you are." It was the truth, although Giyu isn't one to compliment people, he knew that he should compliment Shinobu just this once to make her feel better.

Upon hearing those words, Shinobu was overwhelmed with a burst of emotions and she couldn't control it. She so badly wanted to embrace his body once again, his body felt so good and so comforting but she knew now wasn't the time. She needed to have self control.

"My my, since when did you learn to give such a compliment Tomioka-san? You should be able to find a very pretty wife given your skills at complimenting, so where is your wife?." She teased him.

"I'm only interested in killing demons, finding a wife isn't a goal as I am a Hashira so I wouldn't have the time for that." Giyu never really thought of having a wife, he is a dedicated demon slayer so he knows he can't get married as his job requires the utmost amount of dedication, everything else must be second otherwise he will fail as a Hashira of the corps.

"Ara-ara, I would expect nothing less from the mighty water hashira" She chuckled

The moments of silence that followed had invited the sense of very heavy awkwardness until Giyu spoke up.

"Kocho, isn't it time for the festival?"

"Oh my, it indeed is, but wait Tomioka-san wear your kimono." She replied.