Can I Count on Your Vote?

Start from the beginning

"It was nice to meet you Senator YLN."

"Too early for that Mr. Evans." You turn to leave. But he doesn't let go of your hand.

"How about your number? In case you do win." He gives you a half smile and it takes everything not to swoon.

"Sure." He hands you his phone and you enter in the number. He takes it and takes a picture of you.

"Perfect. I'm sending you a message, so you have mine too."

"Thanks. I should go. It really was nice meeting Mr. Evans."

"Chris. Call me Chris and it was a pleasure meeting you, Miss YLN."

"YN," you said with a smile. You turned to walk towards the crowds, and you turn back to see Chris smiling. Your cheeks now are burning not only from the sun but from the blush on your cheeks.

"More reports are coming in on this late breaking scandal hitting the Senate race in California

"More reports are coming in on this late breaking scandal hitting the Senate race in California. Incumbent Senator Caleb Stevenson has been reportingly taking bribes, campaign donations and a whole lot more during his campaign for re-election. The Los Angeles Times is reporting that Senator Stevenson was photographed with a known drug dealer in Sacramento..."

The more the news comes in, the harder it is for you to breath. The election is six days away. And this was huge. Your team was trying to get the information of who tipped them off to the biggest scandal in the last 40 years. A buzz from your phone draws your attention.

Chris: Tell me it was your team

You: Rude.

Chris: Come on.

You: Do you really think this is how I wanted to win?

Chris: No, but I don't know you well enough.

You: You've been texting me non stop since the rally. We've talked about everything

Chris: still wouldn't put it past you.

You: I have to go

Chris: No, sorry! I'm just teasing.

You: I'm really scared this is going to hurt me more

Chris: I doubt it.

You: This is California not Massachusetts. They forgive a lot here.

Chris: I have faith that they will see its for the best.

You: What's the best.

Chris: You in Congress.

As you took in Chris's words of encouragement, another breaking story was happening. Your campaign manager, Eva, turned up the volume.

"We're going live to Senator Stevenson's campaign office where the Senator is about to make a statement."

You watch as Caleb walks to the podium. "I first, want to apologize to my family for bring this to our home. Second, I would like to apologize to the people of the great state of California for my transgressions. It is unbefitting for a representative of Congress to be associating themselves with known criminals and using funds donated to my campaign in this fashion. I believe it is only right that I withdraw my name from contention in this election. I will also be resigning all of my seats and leaving office as soon as my replacement is elected..."