CHAPTER 1 WHY ARE THERE NIGHTS IF NOT SLEEP IN THE DARK?

"I used to stand, at the same levelas everyone." A boy, with naked feetand white, untrimmed hair, stood still. Every step he took, the body got biggerand bigger. "I walked, on the pathGod guided me to." From shoddyclothes into a full-armour, symbolising a dragon with long horns "But the world didn't want me as part ofit." The silver greaves now steppedon a bloodstream. Lights at the sides of the road path began to fade as hewalked towards the darkness ahead, piles of hundred dead bodies, valleys ofdeath. The pair of feet stopped in front of a black stone throne. Orange veinsshone brightly for a moment, faded away, and shone again. He sat down, lookedout in the cloud, "So I conquered itand became World's Emperor." Suddenly,the darkness below the throne, dispelled by the colours of blue flames burningacross a chessboard projecting a picture of a continent, and once each flamethat extinguished left a completely black mark scattered all over the map butthe last was still burning bright, the image of a valley, of rain andlightning. He got up and walked out of the grandhall. The shoulders-length cape wiped the floor as its owner moved and stoppedat the entrance to the palace which its appearance was not different from adragon's head that opened its mouth wide. Big black wings pierced from thecape, shiny like made of crystal. One flap to soar the inhuman body into thevast sky. Shadows of a massive, countless horde of black dragons followed afterthe one dragon, until seeing a wide and large mountain range, filled with rainand roars above the cloudy sky. Ten thousand eyes of the mere human army,hiding in blind spots could only and see just two colours, black and red asthey were falling from the sky-high, too fast and too vast to escape. The seaof ​​black-red flames devoured all things in the blink of an eye. The big redeyes looked down with contempt "Theyfear me, speak of me, praise me, no one that gets in my way and survives totell their children, they die, my enemies, they burn. Only dust floatingbeneath my feet as I dance to the rhythm of all life, can they be highernot." Then, his gaze changed. "Even though I stand at the peak ofall things, shards of fear still are so clear. Remind me of the greatest fearof my weak first life. When the candlestick light goes out, it creeps, a dream,a nightmare that cannot be forgotten." The eyelids that were closed even though he did not want to but couldnot resist the sleepiness and so got into the nightmare, run, run away a weakrabbit, no way to fight back the pack of wolves chasing it from behind. Theirfur was red as if anointed with fresh blood. The jaws of death snapped into themiddle of the rabbit's back. Loud cries rang only for a moment but awakened theowner of the nightmare. Sweaty face whilst the back was against the hard edgeof the bed made of the same material as the throne. "Were you having a nightmare, YourMajesty?" The nameless man shifted hisgaze to the owner of the mysterious voice, a woman whom stood at the foot ofthe bed. "You?" A voice of doubt and shock. The mysteriouswoman walked to stand on the side of the edge of the stone bed "That is why I argued with you that youshould not be far from me at night." The mysterious woman sat down on the edge of the bed, smiled and movedher hand to touch the other's hand. Then slithered so high that it touched theman's right cheek," Still, I appreciate you very much, Galia." Her slender fingers twitchedmomentarily. "If I am not asking toomuch, please call me, Celia, Your Majesty." A finger gently caressed that handsome face, making the upright bodywabble as if enchanted, ready to read a new chapter and that it would bedifferent from the previous one. "Fall into the darkness, would thatnot what you wish the most in such time, is it not....Zenal?" Her lowered face, only a few centimetresaway from his, paused for a moment and slowly raised her head up, backed awayfrom the bed with a smile that returned as she quietly walked out of thebedroom. Wavesafter waves as they crashed on the beach, created natural sounds that weredisturbed by a strange sound, like a strange trumpet, then, went silent. Thesmooth sand trampled by a pair of black bare feet gradually faded to naturalflesh colour. She forcefully walked forward aimlessly. Fell and got up onrepeat, still couldn't walk like a normal person. Her blue eyes saw suchemptiness, started to fade gradually, and suddenly, her head crashed with thesand, smelling of the sea waves as the last thing. Touch of wind from soft to strong and strongerthat her body floated by its power. She reached out and grabbed a branch butcould not resist the powerful suction, letting herself swirl in the directionof the centrifugal force. The existence of light perceived by the eyelidsslowly faded away along with the gust of wind. As she opened her eyes again,everything was in darkness. Wherever she turned her face to, there was only thedarkness. Tried to run forward but had to stop because unsure whether she was goingforward or backward, left or right. "Come with me." "I needyou." She felt strangely goosebumps.From one direction began to sound from the others. She covered her ears withher hands, bowed down and cried. Didn't know how long before those voicesfinally quieted down. Then, she withdrew her hand. No sound anymore andsuddenly, a mysterious man's face appeared before her.She screamed loudly. Had realised herself again as her eyes were open. Listened to the sound of her panting and what the eyes saw was no longer darkness but light and a line of stone pillars. She got herself up, staggered back and forth without much strength, glanced at the corner of the room, and suddenly, her face showed such a terrifying expression, was not because of the unheated food tray but a shadow lurking at the corner of the room. She rushed towards the rock cage, pulled it out with all remaining force but a wasted effort. She started to hear a noise, the sound of walking hurriedly. She responded to the threat by taking a step back against the wall. Hands rummaged through the emptiness on the smooth surface of the stone wall. Nothing protected her, fear escalated into panic and her eyes shut.

"You are awake?" She slowly opened her eyes. A man in a wealthy dress but did not make her want to talk to him but just kept staring at him with eyes full of doubts and unfriendliness. "If you do not want to talk to me, I understand, but I still want to know where you came from, who you are, and what are you doing here?" The young man squatted, looked deeply into the woman's blue eyes. It was like a mesmerizing ocean in the daylight contaminated with black ink marks scattering around. "Interesting," he stood up. "Use a mind-reading amulet on her." Another mysterious man touched the stone cage with his bare hands. The cage slid up and down, allowing the man to walk straight up to her with his one hand holding a necklace.

The girl screamed, no sound but herlips, wide open and trembling. "Mutetoo?" The nobleman stared at the fleeingfigure as she fell to the ground with her weak legs, trying to escape from theapproaching man holding the amulet, and slowly entering the dark corner of theroom. The light of blue eyes shone clearly in the darkness as one pair oflight, but because of the black pigments scattered in them, making it look likethe blue ocean perforated by those pigments.

The man continued to walk towards the woman,even though he could not see her. His feet stopped in place as a sharp-pointedspear was placed between his throat. "What is it? Hurry and finish it." The nobleman didn't seem to see what was happening to hissubordinate. "It is now, YourMajesty." A sharp spear grew out of theground, crashing with the spear. The colour of the spear quickly swallowed thestone spear. "Your Majesty, becareful!!" He took the spear thatsprung from the darkness and fell to the ground. When getting up again, he sawhis stone armour being swallowed by the colour of the night so he disengaged itfrom himself, watching it disintegrate into black vapour. 'What is this?' "Your Majesty, if you stay here, youwill be in danger as well. Please leave this section immediately. I shall finda way to deal with her myself. Her secret shall come out soon, YourMajesty!" A middle-aged man walked overto cover the nobleman. "What is that?Earth element, or is it the legendary black fire?" The nobleman's speech made the other turnto look at his used to always be calm face but now had changed to an excitedone, to the point of being mentally ill. The nobleman walked towards the darkcorner. "It is dangerous, Your Majesty.Do not walk..." Was completely numb onhis face hit by the pommel of the sword. As he calmed himself and looked at theowner of that sword, that was no longer the face of the King he knew but theface of a beast who thirsted for his will. "If it was not for you being useful to me, I would have killed you withmy own hands." Said with a fierce voicebefore he turned back to stare at the darkness. "It is time to prove your identity."The sword was inserted back into its sheath as he walked straight ahead with asmiling face. More spears were shot out from the darkness but were allelectrified and deflected away from the target "I can feel it this woman has a power against Marvet." He grinned widely even though seeing dozensof small spears rushing towards him. Still, they deflected away from his way.His hand was raised, fingers spread out, and released a white shockwave,spreading all over the front area, continuously damaging until everything wentquiet as it should be.

"Vopam, take her back to the palace. Treat her like my special guest." "But Your Majesty, we should first make sure that she is not Marvet's puppet, otherwise our plans might be exposed, Your Majesty." Vopam bowed his head in a kneeling position. The nobleman, his face looked calm again. "Take care of everything." He concluded and walked away. Vopam bowed his head again. He lifted the mysterious woman's unconscious body with stalwart arms. The moment he looked at her dusty angel-like face, the leg that was about to step forward stopped stubbornly and had to flick his face a few times before being able to do as he wished.