"Please, make yourself comfortable. I need to finish this before we talk," I jumped when I heard his voice. It was calm, deep, soft and confident. I stared at him a few more seconds and then awkwardly walked to the couch on his right. From where I was I could see his fingers on the keyboard. Long and agile fingers. It was even more impressive to see him type than hear it. He typed so fast I had the impression his fingers were flying above the keyboard. Once out of my contemplation, my gaze was irreparably drawn to his face but all I could see was a few black strands sticking out of his hood. 

Jake stopped typing and rubbed his eyes with exhaustion, "Good," he mumbled, "I closed every access to your phone, the FBI won't be able to locate you anymore."

He stood and approached the coach where I was sitting. He passed his hand through his hair making his hood fall on his shoulders. I stood up, clenching my fists. I wanted to confront him, to tell him I had been worried to death, that I was angry. But I made a mistake. Once I looked up at him, I locked my eyes with his. It was my mistake. His gaze showed so much worry, so much kindness and love. His gray-blue eyes seemed to glimmer, his straight nose, his thin lips, everything about him stunned me. His stubble made him look serious which was accentuated by the dark circles under his eyes. But all of this made him so attractive to me. I had imagined him so many times.. But I would never think I would be so flustered and overwhelmed to see him. I just froze in front of him with my mouth slightly open. 

Jake's hand rose a little and he gestured as if he wanted to stroke my cheek. But in the middle of his move, he withdrew his hand and rested it on my shoulder, squeezing it. I flinched a bit under his touch, but I still couldn't take my eyes off him. Slowly, my anger faded away. I started to realize Jake was really in front of me. I was so relieved and after all the stress of the last few days, my nerves let go. 

When the first sob escaped my lips, Jake's grip immediately tightened on my shoulder and soon, he pulled me into a hug. I was so small compared to him that I felt as if his whole body was wrapping mine. He had to bend down his head and put his chin and mouth next to my forehead. I grabbed his hoodie so tight that my fists started to hurt. "I tho-thought you were de-dead" I stammered between my sobs. 

"I am sorry MC. I am so, so sorry. It was too dangerous to contact you earlier. But I am here now. I am safe, you are safe," while he talked, I felt his hot breath on my forehead. I buried my face in his chest crying loudly. I impregnated myself with his presence. The warmth of his body surrounded me. I could feel his big hands rubbing lightly on my back to comfort me, his muscled arms tightening around my sides to support me. I heard his heartbeat. The most beautiful sound I had never heard, a regular rhythm proving he was alive. His smell intoxicated me, there was a hint of cologne with something else, something I couldn't describe. The scent of his skin perhaps? Going through his shirt. I only knew it was too addictive. 

Jake slowly turned us around and sat us on the couch, making me straddling him. As I started to calm down, he brushed my face with his fingers to wipe my tears away. My breath was slowing down and now I was so close to him I couldn't help but want him even closer. I wanted to pass my hand in his messy black hair, I wanted to run my fingers along his jaw and above all I wanted to kiss him. I needed it. To press my mouth against his, to slide my tongue into his mouth and taste him, to gently nibble on his lips. The more I looked at him the more my body temperature started to climb. Not to mention that the way I was sitting on his lap didn't help to calm my thoughts. 

I tried to change my mind by talking about something else, "So… This house. Why did you choose this place to hide? I mean… It's full of security systems, isn't it dangerous?" 

Jake softly laughed, "The owners are on holiday. They think that because of all those cameras no-one can break into their house but… I just had to hack the cameras and put the same recording all over again so they'll never suspect anything."

"Oh! That's bold!" I giggle. "There is something else," I spoke with a more serious tone, "Hannah… Alan arrested her."

Jake sighed and rubbed his face with his hands, "it was to be expected."

"Lilly is supposed to keep me informed about it," I replied while Jake nodded, "and… there is one last thing. Alan interrogated me about Hannah's case, and about you. I said nothing. Well I knew nothing actually."

"And it was for the best," he frowned, "the fact you have been interviewed about Hannah and I is already too much." 

I bent down snuggling on his neck. Jake stroked my hair, he seemed lost in his thoughts. "You know… I can't stay too long here. I've got a contact in Colville who should provide me with a vehicle. I need to hide far away from Duskwood for a while."

"Can I come with you…" 

"No! There is no way I let you come with me. As much as I want to be with you I can't allow you to run away with me."

I knew he would have said this. But I couldn't give up. "Could I, at least, come with you to Colville? You said we will find a way to be together. Just leaving you now isn't a way to make it work."

He looked away and I remained silent while he thought. He seemed to be torn between his willingness to stay with me and to protect me. After a moment he intertwined his fingers with mine,"OK. It will give us two days maximum. Then I'll have to go. But do not worry," he raised his hand to put it on my cheek, "I will find a way to contact you and we will meet again. As you said, we both want to make it work, so we will."

I smiled, I felt so happy and relieved. Jake stroked my cheek sending goosebumps in my body. He grinned when he noticed it. With my heart beating so fast I leaned over him and we finally kissed. It was a passionate kiss. It was obvious we wanted this for a long time. He tasted like coffee, which didn't surprise me. I grabbed my hands on his hair and I felt his hands gripping my hips. He tightened his grip as he carefully stood up holding me. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he headed to another room, a bedroom. 

He put me on the bed. I was kneeling on the mattress while he stood in front of me. He took off his hoodie and I slid my hand under his t-shirt. I lifted it up when I spotted something. He had a huge crimson bruise on his ribs. "Jake! You're hurt!" 

"It is nothing MC. I fell on a rock while I got out of mine." He replied calmly.

"Nothing?! But… It looks really bad. I mean does it hurt when you breathe? Are you sure you don't have a hemorrhage?" I started to panic. 

"Hey, hey…" he cupped my face, "I am fine. I promise. This is just a bruise." He kissed me softly on my jaw and neck. 

"Yeah… Ok," I gently passed my fingers above his bruise, trying to calm down. If it was really grave, he would have faint but despite this huge bruise, he seemed fine. "Okay… But promise me, tomorrow you'll let me go to the drugstore to buy you some painkillers or cream."

He smiled, "I promise. Thank you MC.. No one has ever cared about me this much." He kissed me again. "I love you," he mumbled against my lips and we fell on the bed. 

He slowly started to undress me, letting soft kisses on my bare skin. Every one of his touches sent electricity all over my body. His kisses made me shiver. I couldn't think straight anymore. We moved together learning to know each other. Exploring every inch of our bodies. My hands ran down his back. Tracing the small scars on his skin, his beauty mark and gripping his muscles arms when the sensation of our intimacy became overwhelming, almost unbearable. 

He never looked away from me, even for a second, watching me carefully. He never let go of me. 

Later that night we were still hugging, my back resting against his chest. His hand was gently stroking my arm and he had buried his face on my neck. I felt peaceful. I wanted this moment to never end. "I want to stay like this my whole life," I whispered. 

"I wish it so much, MC. I love you," he answered. And with these words. I fell asleep.

—————

Thank you for reading and for the support. And if you like the story, feel free to leave a comment or vote. Remember this is your humble writer's only payment. ❤️