Prolouge

My heels click as I walk down the empty halls of the castle, only a few maids and knights passed by, greeting me with a small smile. Before I get to my destination, which was only a few steps further, I get stopped by the General.

"Your Imperial Majesty, Can I talk to you for a moment?" Kollin asked, bowing infront of me. I sigh for a moment,"Later...I need to get to my office immediately."

I walk past him and continued towards my office. Kollin didn't say anything as he followed me inside, I just ignored him and went through the pile of documents on top of my desk. I sort through the stack of papers until I found the file for the newly discovered land down south. "What is it that you want to tell me?" I asked, not taking my eyes off the paper.

"..We've discovered a new group, we think that they might be planning to start a revolt." Said Kollin, while I let out a small laugh. "Couldn't they think of something more original? Do they not know that the tyrant who's ruling over them right now was made the ruler because of a revolt? Pretty ironic if you ask me."

"Shall we dispose of them?" "That won't be necessary, for now, just observe them and see how things will play out." After I was done reviewing the file, I head out of my office, with Kollin following me as well.

If I remember correctly, the marquis should be auctioning the new land right now. "Kollin, get me a ticket to Aurea tonight." I ordered, Kollin nodded before he went away from me.

I was wandering the palace for a while before I stumbled upon the garden, The Red Middlemist Garden, to be exact. The garden was like no other garden in the palace, it had a beautiful gazebo in the middle while the entirety of the garden was surrounded by a magical barrier, maintainedby the imperial mages. It was full of red middlemists, its lustrous color make it one of the most beautiful flowers in the empire. I head to the gazebo in the middle of the garden and took a seat while I just watched the sky, my mind clear of any problems.

A minute later, I hear footsteps approaching me. 'Must be a servant..' I thought.

"Greetings to Her Imperial Majesty, may I interest you in a beverage or a dessert?" The maid said, bowing to me. I didn't say anything and just shook my head, this was noticed by the maid and quickly went her way, not before announcing her leave.

It has been a total of three years, two months and thirteen days since I was appointed as the ruler of the empire. The servants have been both frightened and delighted ever since I took control of the throne. Maybe they were just scared afterall I took the head of my one and only relative, not that I even acknowledge him as my own blood in the first place. The king was one hell of a bastard, killing his own siblings just to get to the throne. So I killed him to take revenge for killing my parents, doubled the land it conquered and made his worthless kingdom into a thriving empire all in the short span of my ruling.

"What can I say, cruelty runs in the family." I muttered out loud. "Not all of them are cruel, Captain." A familiar voice replied.

I look over to my left and see a certain, blonde magician. "What made you say that huh Ostyn?" Ostyn D'Avila, one of the three archmages of the Mythrallia Empire, the owner of the Frost Tower and my old unit commander.

"You were talking about your family right? Not all of them are cruel, there's your parents and Her Imperial Majesty afterall." He said, sitting down on one of the chairs with a drink in his hand. I don't know what is wrong with his way of thinking but, whatever it is, it certainly makes him a genius at magic. "I suppose, why are you here anyway? I was enjoying my free time alone when all of a sudden you intrude on my private moment." I said, putting a bit of malice in my words.

"I apologize for my rudeness, however, it was you who called me here Your Imperial Majesty." He answered, making ice cubes and putting it into his drink. "I did?—" "Yes, you did. Your attendant informed me that you called me here in regards of the new land that was discovered by Marquis Dwyth." He replied, all smug, with a smirk on his stupid face.

I tried to recall any memories of that but only one thing came to mind. "That was yesterday.." I stated, crossing my arms as he gulped. "Yes, now I remember, I did tell my attendant to fetch you so we could discuss about that," I paused "But when I went to the meeting room, you were nowhere to be seen. I waited for about half an hour before I ordered him to reschedule it for another time since the 'Master of the Frost Tower' seems to be busy in his research." I smirked, seeing his paled face.

"Should I just lock you up in your tower? Since you've been neglecting your duty to the empire I think proper punishment like imprisonment should be just enough, right?" I grinned even more when I sense a large gathering of mana. I quickly jump out of my seat and out of the gazebo. Just as I expected, Ostyn throws an ice lance towards me. I catch the lance as it was inches away from my eyeballs "Should I deem this as treason?—", another ice lance heads towards me "I think attempted murder is more fitting." I cast a water bubble on his head, hindering him from casting more spells. "You give up yet?" I asked him as he tried to make an air pocket. He mumbles something but I couldn't quite understand it.

I pick up a chair using my wind magic and took a seat. I didn't even get to sit for more than two seconds before another ice spell comes hurling at me. I was planning to ignore it but I felt another spell aiming towards me but from the other direction. 'Concealment magic..' As the concealed arrow came closer to me, I realized that Ostyn already got out from my trap. He casts an ice wall behind me, shielding me from the arrow. "Who are the bastards that dare to shoot an arrow at the empress?!" He shouted, before leaping off to find the assailant.

I use my wind and earth magic to propel my voice throughout the palace, alarming every palace personnel. "Attention everyone, an intruder seems to have gotten inside the palace and had planned to kill me at the Middlemist Garden. All guards stay alert, the master of the Frost Tower is already apprehending the suspect. Meanwhile, seal all entrances and exits until further notice." After I announced our unwelcomed visitor, the knights and guards show up at the garden along with some healers. "Your Imperial Majesty, are you all right?" Asked one of the doctors.

"I'm fine. Inform Mitchell that I'll be heading to my office." I said, walking out of the garden. The doctor just nodded and called one of his assitants.

'I didn't even get to relax..' I thought, silently cursing Ostyn for interrupting my rest.

I watch as the knights begin to spread out and seal all the exits. You may think this is absurd for just one suspect but it's actually the very thing that killed the Duke of Kenan, Garmin Kenan, and it was I who killed him.

I use my earth magic to detect my surroundings and I sense the assailant approaching Ostyn, and to my surprise, Kollin was also with him.

"Everything is all according to plan." I mutter, heading into my office once again.