Knightly Initiations

Koko started to feel light headed as she stood there, taking in the male specimen before her. He was dressed simply, in black trousers, a grey tunic with silver threading. His boots were worn, but were polished and of premium quality. He looked both well-to do while simultaneously looking like he worked for his very subjects - so plain were his clothes compared to the extravagance around him. He didn't even wear a crown. However, Koko knew that was the Prince for he had the bearing of a born leader. His shoulders, though relaxed, were straight and aristocratic.  There was a haughty look to his pose, even as he sat back in his throne to lazily watch over the proceedings of the ball.

The Archbishop walked up to the throne, bowing deeply in greeting.  Koko waited dutifully behind him, just barely visible to the Prince's view. As she peeked up at him, his gaze snagged on hers. Her breath caught in her throat as she was mesmerized by his light brown eyes. It felt like he saw straight through her, could sense the desire in her eyes. He merely nodded at the Church leader while his gaze perused her leisurely, as if he was in no rush to respond.

"Who is she?" The man spoke for the first time, interrupting the Archbishop's report. It seemed he had lost interest in hearing it, in any case.

The Archbishop paused mid-speech, Koko had never seen him look so shocked - she also never witnessed him being interrupted before. She snuck a sly glance at the prince, who hid a small smirk so fast, she believed she imagined it. Her eyes glittered, every nerve of hers on alert. Anticipation ran through her, and she shuddered internally. She did not know what the Prince would do with her, but she could barely wait to know what it was. She was ready to accept anything he asked of her, for she knew....if he was present, she would truly, truly enjoy bed sport.

"Your Highness, may I introduce Lady Constance of Castlemore. She is my ward, Sire."

The Archbishop beckoned her forward, and she curtsied gracefully, as she had been taught when her gowns arrived. She had practiced the exact angle to hold, that would show a most attractive silhouette of her young, female body. Her ample cleavage was just a hint, enough to entice but not enough to satisfy a curious gaze without further prying.

"Your Highness, it is my honor to meet you." She managed to say without even a stammer. Somehow, she felt calm in front of him, like she had come home. She did not feel any fear, only delirious want. The words fell off her lips like she had practiced the finest speech. She lowered her gaze as the intensity of his stare was too much. The heavy weight of it was making her blush, her face feeling like fire. It also made her breasts tingle, and she hoped no one could see her hard nipples poking through her gown.

"Is this another one of your offerings, Archbishop?" The Prince turned back to the formidable man before him, finally giving him his full attention.

The Archbishop cleared his throat. "If it pleases you, your Highness."

"Even though you know what happened to all the previous ones you have brought before me? Are you sure you want to part from her?" The Prince seemed to be taunting him.

The Archbishop shrugged. "Your Highness knows best what to do with his own subjects."

The Prince grinned, white teeth flashing. Koko held her breath at the sight, dumbstruck at the dimples that made their presence known for the first time.

"So be it. She may await me in my suite." He dismissed them with a wave, looking over their shoulders at the next person in line to speak to him. Koko flushed in disappointment, her shoulders deflating at the loss. She had grown warm underneath his stare, she grew cold without it.

The Archbishop grabbed her wrist and tugged her along with him as he stalked off. His teeth were gritted, his expression grim.

"It does not seem like his highness desires you yet. You must do everything in your power to get him to. You may not like the consequences of displeasing him, Constance."