Prologue

LLOYD AND AKANE GARMADON: Who were they in the beginning?

Lloyd and Akane were born to Lord Garmadon and Misako, with Lloyd being seven minutes older than his sister. The soon-to-be dark lord was filled with pride for his newborn twins and wanted them to follow a different path from his own. The family was happy for a time, but one day Garmadon finally lost control over the evil within him and was banished to the Underworld. Lloyd and Akane were too young to remember, but they had heard of and were fond of their evil father, wanting to follow in his footsteps, unaware that Garmadon did not want this.

Once Lloyd and Akane were old enough, Misako left them at Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Children. However, the twins were still too young to remember their mother. On their first day at Darkley's, everyone made fun of them, and a student named Brad put fire ants in Lloyd's bed. This made Akane very mad, and she wanted to get back at him, but much to her surprise, after everyone left, Brad took her and Lloyd under his wing and taught them the art of revenge. They would often have dreams where they had conversations with their father, and there were a few times where they received letters from their mother, but they never actually read them, as they were bitter about her leaving. Akane claimed that the only things she remembered about her mother were braided brown hair, glasses, and a green neckerchief, and the only reason she remembered was so she could avoid her mother at all costs if they ever crossed paths.

Just before the twins turned ten years old, they received a package from their "gran-gran," but another student named Finn took it and turned it into worms. As usual, Akane went to pick a fight, but Lloyd held her back. They never understood why, but Akane had always been more mischievous and short-fused than Lloyd, and he was the only one she listened to or could calm her down. Lloyd was expelled from school that same day because he didn't have the "amoral ambition to become one of tomorrow's masterminds." They believed that Akane had what it took to be evil, unlike her brother, but she was loyal to her twin no matter what and was furious over him being expelled. She menaced the principal for his actions, and in her rage, her eyes went from purple to red, her elemental powers became active, and she wound up trashing the whole office.

Afterwards, the twins decided to run away together, and before leaving, they stole black hoodies from a closet, planning to become evil overlords on their own. Once far away from Darkley's, the two of them made a strong vow to always stick together and trust each other, no matter what.

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I felt this short prologue was necessary, since throughout the series, we seem to know more about the other ninjas' backstories. I felt it was a good idea to make the main characters' lives a bit more clear, for those who don't know the series very well.

Thank you, and please, no rude comments.