(7) THE FIRST AND LAST

Subhadra didn't return to Kunti after promising Hidimb to protect him

Subhadra didn't return to Kunti after promising Hidimb to protect him. After late afternoon a concerned Kunti wished to check on Subhadra even if she had to go in front of Hidimb along with her sons. Panadav brothers had never said no to their mother's wish since she was the living God for them. So, six of them reached near Hidimb.

There they found Subhadra and Hidimba were sitting with serious expressions. Before anyone of them could communicate with gestures, Hidimb initiated the conversation.

"So, you are the humans who will be reason of feast for me and my companions!" Hidimb roamed his eyes over Kunti and Pandav brothers.

"You all are in good health. So, who would like to die at first?" He approached a few steps nearer only to get no such reaction from any of them.

"Hey demon! Don't blabber. We are here to meet our sister. She won't live around you from now onwards," Bheem announced looking at Subhadra.

"If you want to take someone then you will have to send someone. Send that woman at first. I guess she's your mother. I want to free her from burden of life so that she doesn't have to cry over all of your dead bodies. She must have softer flesh in comparison to you all," Hidimb's evil gaze fall on Kunti making the brothers rage to no end.

Before anyone could say anything, Subhadra rushed down from her place to stand in front of Hidimb.

"Hidimb, how dare you talk like that about my bua maa? I warned you not to insult any woman yet you didn't bother to consider that. So, I am backing out from the promise of protecting you," she was intended to burn Hidimb down with her fierce eyes.

"Entrusting you with my protection, I was about to give you a pride moment for yourself, Goddess. Now, I am feeling like that you don't deserve that. I am enough for crushing these humans under my feet," Hidimb was getting insane to taste human flesh and blood. Due to that, Subhadra's words didn't have any impact on him.

"You are the one who's going to be crushed, Hidimb. Live this feeling of being alive as much as you want before I send you away from this world," groaning in a challenging tone, Bheem jumped forward to make his words true.

In the end, Bheem killed Hidimb. Hidimba wiped few drops of tears which slipped down from her eyes. No matter how Hidimb was, he was her brother. She never wished end of his life. All she wished was change in his character which never had happened.

Subjects proposed Bheem to marry their princess as per ritual since he had won over their king. Hidimba too confessed her love for Bheem and convinced Kunti with her sweet and gentle nature. It was decided that the marriage would take place in two days.

When everything settled down on a happy note both Arjun and Subhadra sat together to talk with each other.

"So, you had promised to protect Hidimb!" Somehow, Arjun was unable to accept that fact.

"I am sorry, Parth. I had to do that since I was indebted of his respect towards me," Subhadra's slow voice utter the answer.

"What would have you done if Hidimb hadn't insulted mata?" This question had been roaming in his mind turning his peaceful mind into a restless one.

"I had promised Hidimb to protect him, but I hadn't promised not to protest over his atrocities. If he had tried to harm bua maa without any word war then I would haven't hesitated to sacrifice my life for the first girl whom my father had loved so dearly," the determination hadn't deviated from eyes when she was stating all those.

That made him lost in her, unknowingly. How could the brave warrior miss the chance of admiring bravery? He just sensed his admiration for her, but it was admiration in another way which he didn't realise.

"I follow mamashri in this case. Mata is the first the girl whom I love," he smiled in content.

"I am the last girl pitashri whom have loved. He told me that after me none could be his favourite girl. So, will you follow pitashri in this case too?" She earned a shocked look from him which was causing difficulties for her to suppress her laughter anymore.

She was laughing, and he was just looking at her. After a while he managed to chuckle at her mischievous question.

"Sorry once again! I was just joking to change your serious mood. I have to go to jyeshtha. Let me take your leave," apologizing him, she stood up, and walked away.

He could hear some unclear chuckles untill she completely disappeared from his sight. Her chuckle along with her mischievous question was ringing in his ears making him sit there with a fixed length of smile glued on his lips.

So readers, here's the next part

Now questions.

(1) Any fact did you like here?

(2) Any gesture to be commented?

(3) Any guess or expectation for next?

LAXMIPATI SHRI NARAYAN, please accept the positivity of my this work as an offering to you in name of all wellbeing of my LIFELINE.

JAY SIYA RAM 🙏

SHRI SHIVAAY NAMASTUVYAM 🙏

RADHE RADHE 🙏