The Fog Calls

(Y/N)'s POV

It was the middle of the night. I was sitting at my desk reading. Just another uneventful night. Sometimes I wished there was more excitement, but at the same time I'm grateful it isn't to exciting.

(Y/N): "Why is it so boring tonight?"

???: "Who knows?" I jumped out of my chair as a chill ran down my spine.

(Y/N): "Who said that?!"

???: "Such a mundane life you have. Don't you want more?"

(Y/N): "Who are you?!"

???: "Someone who can make you life so much more exciting." The voice kept echoing inside my head. I could feel my eyes growing heavy.

(Y/N): "What-What's going on? I feel strange." A dark like fog began to appear around me. It started to slowly creep up on me.

???: "You have been chosen (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "Chosen? For what?"

???: "For my entertainment." The voice left my head as I was completely consumed by the thick fog. Everything around me went dark and my eyes shut.

Timeskip - Unknown

I inhaled a sharp breath and my eyes opened. I took in the surrounding area and noticed only fog and trees. The air was cold and everything was dark. I looked around and saw nothing for the longest time. Suddenly a small yellow light appeared in the distance. I began walking my way toward it despite not knowing what was going on.

After a good walk I came upon a campfire with logs placed around it. I sat down at one of the logs and stared into the fire. I grabbed a nearby stick and began to prod the fire. A branch snapped behind me and I jumped up.

(Y/N): "Who's there?!"

???: "Easy man." Just then four people walked out from the fog with their hands up. "We're friendly."

(Y/N): "The fuck is going here? Where the hell am I?" They all put their hands down and walked towards me. They each sat on the logs around the campfire.

???: "So you're the newest one huh?" The red headed girl said to me.

(Y/N): "The newest what?"

???: "Plaything." The guy with the green jacket said.

(Y/N): "The fuck is going on?"

Dewight: "Let's get introduced to one another. I'm Dewight."

Jake: "Jake."

Meg: "Meg."

Claudette: "Claudette."

(Y/N): "I'm (Y/N). Now can someone tell me what is happening? What is this place?" I sat down on a log and Jake sighed.

Jake: "We were all pulled here by whatever that voice was."

(Y/N): "What is it?"

Dewight: "We don't exactly know, but it definitely isn't friendly. And neither are the killers." My blood ran cold when he said that.

(Y/N): "Killers?"

Meg: "Whatever it is. It didn't just bring us in. It brought us in some really really bad things as well."

(Y/N): "Shouldn't we be moving then? What if a killer finds us?"

Claudette: "The bonfire is a safe place. The killer only appears during the trial."

(Y/N): "Trial? What trial?"

Jake: "Survival." Fog started to roll in and slowly creep up on us. The others looked around and sighed while I just looked at them worried. "Find one us and we'll explain everything."

The fog slowly crept up on everyone and one by one they disappeared. After a few moments the fog fully enveloped me and I was lost to darkness.

Thank you all for reading the first chapter to Love by Daylight. This book will be short-mid chapters due to me being gone for so long and trying to get back into writing. Hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you in the next chapter.