unexpected reunion

Tom sat at his favorite café, sipping on his coffee and scrolling through his phone. It had been years since he had seen Tord, and the memories of their tumultuous past still lingered in his mind. Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"Tom? Is that you?"

Turning around, Tom's eyes widened in surprise as he saw Tord standing there, looking slightly nervous but unmistakably the same person he remembered.

"Tord? What are you doing here?" Tom asked, feeling a mix of emotions swirling inside him.

Tord shifted uncomfortably before sitting down across from Tom. "I've been traveling for a while, and I happened to be passing through town. I saw this café and thought I'd stop by."

The two sat in silence for a moment, unsure of what to say next. The tension between them was palpable, memories of their falling out still lingering in the air.

Finally, Tom broke the silence. "I... I've missed you, Tord. Despite everything that happened between us."

Tord looked down at his hands, a hint of regret in his eyes. "I've missed you too, Tom. I never meant for things to end the way they did."

They both knew that they couldn't change the past, but maybe they could find some closure in the present.

As they talked, old wounds were reopened and healed, and they found themselves laughing and reminiscing like old times. Maybe, just maybe, this unexpected reunion was exactly what they both needed to finally move on from their past.