CH 18

Two men stared at each other in surprise none of them thought that they will meet each other on this banquet.

Or maybe Davian did but was gaslighting himself now and Cale doesn't need to know that.

Both were standing in a corner with smiles knowing that many eyes are on them after all the pair was hailed as heroes in their respective continents and empires even if it was against their will.

But then again fame and fans don't ask permission before making a cul- I mean making people their role models.

"You never told me you were the famous mage, dearest." Standing in a sound proof barrier the red head asked.

"What can I say..." The male replied with an exaggerated pitiful tone "you never asked me, I'm wounded by the fact that my ex husband doesn't even care enough about me to ask about my job."

Cale raised an eyebrow at the statement. "I'm not interested in knowing unimportant things dear"

This time the statement really cracked his heart.

"so cold, are you sure you weren't born in mountains?"

Cale only rolled his eyes. ' and you were born in a circus'

As if reading his mind Davian let out an offended huff. Before they could continue with their conversation a high pitched voice called out Davian before approaching the pair.

"Sir Davian, I was searching for you." The princess latched herself on the annoyed mage's arm not noticing the red head's irritated gaze.

"May I ask for what princess Lucrezia" Cale could swear he saw daggers in those heterochromian eyes before they changed when looking at him as if nothing happened.

'he's no less vicious than others'

(it's true but he's totally whipped when it comes to you)

"Can we share the carriage when we go back."

"I'm afraid I'll have to decline the offer because me and his majesty are staying here for quite some time"

The princess would have whined and complained if it wasn't for the mage's cold stare that clearly told her to watch her behaviour. 

The female finally left reluctantly after seeing that Davian was in no mood of indulging her.

"Seems like you got yourself a lovesick puppy" Heterochromia eyes looked in reddish brown ones in surprise before sighing.

" More like a pair of rats trying to subtly steal some benefits from my position thinking I can't see their intentions"

"who's the pawn?"

"These two are just pass time, their father is the pawn." The mage replied with a smirk.

' I learned something unnecessary again ' Cale shook his head in disappointment at his luck.