Prologue

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

A harmony is heard inside a room. The music goes louder as Narcissa makes her way in there.

Narcissa got there and knocked. "Sweetheart..?" She continuesly tapped on the door of a room where melodies travel.

With no reply, Narcissa barged in.

"Lyrisse! I've been calling out for you." Mrs. Malfoy quietly exclaimed.

It was just then when Lara realized that she'd been lingering in her study room, haven't done anything but play piano for an hour or two.

"I'm sorry." She responded, letting a cold sigh when she noticed that the hourglass that she'd set to last for an hour had already finished.

It's her signal to prepare for dinner.

Narcissa took a seat. "Dear, until when do you plan to do this to yourself? You're pale and ill." She worriedly admitted.

It is clear to see in Lara's face that she's agitated. She reached for Narcissa's hands and spoke softly "Nothing's wrong. Really."

Narcissa obviously doesn't believe that.

Lyrisse spends her every day inside her dim lighted room, just either studying or playing an instrument.

Not unless she had to eat, she won't come out. But when she does, it's only so she can bring her meal inside her room where she eats.

It's been almost a year since the last time that she had sat in the dinner table.

Sometimes, she'd even rather starve than leave the room so Lucius would command the elves to deliver her food. Usually, he do it himself to check on her.

To reassure, Lara said "I'm doing fine." And patted Narcissa's palm.

She always hated it when anyone would look at her with mercy in their eyes and make her feel as if she's so miserable.

In which she is.

It's quite confusing. She somehow finds solace in isolation and being withdrawn.

"I'll follow, mother. I'm just going to get ready."

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Lara is known to be cold, reserved, and solemn. She's very quiet, yet wise. An ambiguous sharp little lady. A true mystery to many.

She's described to be as white as a vampire, lips red like wine, low brown eyes that appears to be reading through you.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

She lives with the Malfoys because both her parents are jailed. Even so, there was never really a discrete treatment in between Lara and Draco.

She was loved and taken care of as if she's their own. In fact, Lara was like a gem to Lucius. She was the daughter that he never had.

He saw so much potential in her so he insisted to temporarily adopt the child.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

She spent her years studying in an exclusive wizarding school for children who's gifted with varying skills, Primster Academy.

Particularly talent on music, arts, and literature are what they look for. Just those that passed three tests including interview, an examination, and a personalized test could be accepted and get to be privileged of the learnings that the school provides.

Unlike Hogwarts, this school offers education to witches and wizards that are no less than 5 years old. Too advanced, yes.

The school is one of a kind. It's fascinating but for kids her age, it was torture.

She was supposed to leave Prim for her first year of secondary at Hogwarts but it didn't go as planned. She had a contract at her previous academy and had greater deals coming from there.

The school serve usually nobles. There are some scholars but they're very few and had to be extremely bright to cover up the luxuriant tuition.

Going there is both suffering and a dream come true.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Lyrisse is a prodigy.

Her talents may come off as natural but no one really knew what she had gone through to master them.

One word, forcefully.

Some may think of her as someone who's obsessive of knowledge, a lunatic. Whilst that's the case, it is no question that the girl is curious-- but undeniably clever.

For a kid so little, it surely wasn't a piece of a cake to take herself in such position.

Childhood was kept from her. Every after school year, if she won't take a summer class then she had to learn a new instrument or language.

She spent her whole life being busy on the things that she wasn't even interested in. All she ever desired was to make her mentor proud but he was just never contented.

After getting professional at something and growing likings on it, her coach would switch immediately into a different field.

That's what made her so harsh and stoic. She was raised like a robot for experimental means.

If there's no class, she would be staying all alone in her dormitory mostly reading, sometimes making strange illustrations.

Other kids at Prim hated how she was labelled as the representative of the school. They envy the girl.

Collectively, they would all pretend to be nice to her so when they trick her with their nasty little pranks, it wouldn't be considered as rude because 'that's just what friends do to have fun'.

Although she was aware, she couldn't do anything because she's just a girl afterall. A girl that had always been wronged so she learned to let things be.

Only her friend growing up was Draco. Given that, she still sometimes hated his company.

She thinks she's better off alone. That things could never go well with the presence of others.