[𝟎𝟏] 𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐤

we're meant to be, but not yet

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

It seldom happened, the classroom empty and not a student in sight. The professor had yet to arrive, it made you wonder if you got the schedule messed up. Looking it over on your phone, you let out a sigh of relief that you were in the right place at the right time. Maybe twenty minutes earlier, but that was more to ease your nerves on the first day of university.

You glanced over the room, deciding which seat would be most optimal to be in. Deciding on an aisle seat, you made your way over to the back. It was just far enough to see while not drawing attention to yourself, should the professor ever call on anyone.

It was quiet for only a few minutes before students began to rush in. Seats being taken left and right while the one beside you remained open. You chose not to wonder why as you burrowed your head in your book.

unknown
"Do you believe in love at first sight?"

At the question you couldn't help the smile that threatened to make its way to your face.

unknown
—or should I walk by again?"

Looking up at the sound of the voice you observed him carefully. He carried himself with so much confidence you wouldn't be able to tell he were nervous under your eyes. But there it was, the slight nervous smile on his face being the tell that he was losing his confidence every passing second.

You wanted to play with him a little. But not too much that you would chase him the other way. You needed to be subtle.

"If I had a list of the worst pickup lines i've been told, yours would be last."

You could tell he was more than relieved to finally hear a response from you. With a hand on his heart and a look of offense on his face he muttered one word.

unknown
"Damn."

He looked clueless, not a thought behind his eyes as he sat down beside you. Looking around the room it seemed to be one of the only seats left available. Why he would chose to sit next to you left you curious. Leaning back he draped an arm over your seat and turned to face you.

Not one thought.

"Yours would be last."

unknown
"No need to remind me."

It still hadn't clicked for him. Maybe you had to push him in the right direction for him to understand.

"I'll give you a 10/10"

unknown
"No need to flatter me. Takuma Ino nice to meet you."

His face flushed as he offered a kind smile. You felt no need to correct yourself from his reaction to your words. Surely, if he was smart enough to take this class he would be smart enough to piece what you said later.

"Y/n L/n."

takuma ino
"Pretty."

It was merely a mumble. You were sure he hadn't meant to say it aloud. This boy would be the death of you if he kept it up.