That day was the best day of his life. That day was his first and only experience with a lot of things many people take for granted in their everyday lives. He got to experience going to a diner and being able to have whatever he wanted for breakfast. He got to experience going to the aquarium and the zoo and seeing the animals he was taught about in the schoolhouse. He got to experience going to an actual park and playing on the swings and the slides. He also got to experience going to an actual toy store and picking out whatever toys he wanted. Although these toys weren't produced by Playtime Co, Aisha let him pick out whatever he desired and hoped Playtime Co wouldn't take the toys away, citing competitor reasons as their excuse. But for now, he could be a child and enjoy some type of normalcy. 

But, as with all good things, that day came to an end and Theodore had to be taken back to the factory. It was bittersweet for all three of them and Aisha felt genuine guilt returning a child to the conditions he lived in. After Nadia tearfully gave Theodore a goodbye hug, she approached her mother before following her back out of PlayCare.

"Momma," Nadia started, "I don't like leaving Theo here when we go home. Can we take him home with us one day? Like he can come live with us? He's my friend and I want him to have a home like I do." 

"You mean like adopting him?" Aisha did consider the idea, "I'd have to talk to your stepdad but I can try. Theodore deserves a loving home."

If only they both knew Theodore's life would be taken before he could even obtain the opportunity of a home. 

~

Dark brown eyes flew open as Nadia awoke, scanning the room before sitting up and raising her hand to the wound on her neck, hissing at the painful irritation it caused her. There was no mirror in sight to check how it was healing or the extent of how serious her previous wound was but she accepted that she was fine for now, considering she wasn't bleeding out on the floor and she could still properly breathe and speak. 

Standing up, she slipped the GrabPack's straps over her shoulders, adjusting the straps, and started to head towards the door. Before she reached the exit, a hallway to the right of her and a box at the end appeared in her vision.  Walking towards it, it became clearer in view and she began to make out what appeared to be a doll in the box. The doll had curly red hair styled into pigtails held up by blue bows with a porcelain white face and a blue fluffy dress.

Now, standing in front of it, she couldn't help her curiosity as she opened the case, just expecting to be able to examine the lifeless doll before leaving and trying to find an exit out of this hellscape excuse of a factory.

But that's not what happened. 

As the case was opened, the doll's eyes beamed open, blue irises boring right into hers. Oh no. This doll was alive, just like Huggy Wuggy was. Nadia's eyes widened in terror,  a small scream leaving her before turning around and fleeing towards the door, frantically unlocking it and almost tripping over herself as she raced across the catwalk. 

Nadia didn't dare to look behind her as she desperately looked for an exit or at least somewhere to hide. She began to aimlessly run down hallways and take sharp turns, desperate to elude the doll she was fairly certain was chasing her and would kill her if she failed to get away. 

As she reached a dead end, panic coursed through Nadia as she turned her head in every direction, mentally begging to find a way out. She froze as she heard hard and heavy footsteps behind her and turned around, her eyes widening at what she saw in the hallway, slowly approaching her. 

Genuine fear and terror rushed through her veins as she made out the figure that was approaching her. It was insanely tall, the same height as Huggy Wuggy, and looked exactly like him except this figure was pink instead of blue. Possibly a female version of him. In its hand, it held the doll Nadia had released. 

Freedom (Poppy Playtime Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara