𝟎𝟎𝟕. stars

Start from the beginning

juliet nodded with a smile, "i am going to miss you mek, promise you'll come to cali? i know ness and sky miss you."

"well of course they do, and i'm trying to convince my mom and i think it's working. i'll let you know when i find out." mekonnen shrugged, just then the door slid open again revealing malachi who turned to juliet with a sad smile.

"you want me to drive you?" malachi asked, juliet nodded as she didn't want to be stuck in an uber for twenty minutes. "you guys coming?" 

freya and mekonnen nodded before freya walked back into the hotel to call her parents on her whereabouts.

the rest of them stayed on the balcony in a comfortable silence as they watched the view, listening to the music playing from a couple streets over.

malachi moved to sit beside juliet, lightly pushing her body to the side of the large chair before sitting beside her. "dude!"

"what? i can't take freya's seat that would be rude." malachi shrugged with a laugh, juliet rolled her eyes playfully before looking down at her fidgeting hands.

"this is gonna sound so corny but i am going to miss you guys." juliet sighed as she played with her rings. mek was a playful guy, he made sure to joke around to lift the mood and really reminded juliet of leo valdez from percy jackson, but he knew when to get serious & he understood boundaries.

"i'm going to miss you to julie, and that's not corny?" mekonnen said with furrowed eyebrows, after relaxing them he let out a sigh.

"i'm just glad i won't have to listen to your lame flirts anymore." mekonnen sighed as malachi and juliet laughed with blushed cheeks.

"shut up mek!" juliet slapped his shoulder with a smile, they fell into a comfortable silence for another few moments before juliet stood up.

"i should get going now, i still have to pack." she sighed, pulling on her trainers that she had grabbed from her house after the dinner.

"yeah let's get going. malachi?" mekonnen said turning to the boy who stayed sat, lost in his thoughts before being pulled out.

"yeah? my bad let's go." he shook his head getting up from where he sat with a nod.

"you good?" mekonnen asked with a hushed voice, freya and juliet were at the other end of the room taking last minute photos in the mirror.

"yeah, just gonna miss her y'know. she is a uh, cool girl i guess." he said with a shrug, there was many other reasons why he simply didn't want her to leave but could not and would not admit them.

mekonnen nodded with a tight lipped smile, before patting malachis shoulder as he brushed past him to where the girls were taking photos.

ⁱⁿˢᵗᵃᵍʳᵃᵐ