CHAPTER 11

Author POV

Aadu, why do you look so tired? Didn't you sleep well?" Her father asked as she settled down in her chair.

"Yeah, there were mosquitoes last night, Papa, so I couldn't sleep well," she replied hesitantly. It's true that she didn't sleep well last night, but the real reason was different. After her conversation with Ruhi, she couldn't help but ponder deeply about everything, which kept her awake all night.

"But I didn't see any mosquitoes," Aryan chimed in, munching on his paratha.

"Ghode bech ke so Jo rahe the tum," she replied with a forced smile, hinting to him to drop the topic.

"Par hamare paas to ghode hai hi nhi bechunga kaise," he joked, trying to be funny.

"Very funny," she said with a fake laugh, rolling her eyes.

"Alright, enough chitchat, let's have breakfast," her mother intervened, serving them breakfast. They continued their meal as her mother informed them about her and her father's plan to go shopping and visit Mr. Mehta's house, a friend of her father whom advita hadn't met yet since she recently moved.

"I'm leaving, Maa," Aryan announced, getting up from his chair.

"Where so early in the morning?" Papa inquired.

"It's Sunday, and we've planned to play blindfolded games at the park today," Aryan explained, and Papa nodded before Aryan darted off.

"Blindfold," she murmured to herself, words of ruhi repeatedly voiced in her mind as her mind already made up about something.

"I'm done too, Maa," she said, excusing herself and heading to her room without further ado.

At afternoon (after 3pm)

Adwita's parents had already left, and her brother was now peacefully asleep after a day filled with play. Holding the blindfold in her hands, Adwita gazed at it thoughtfully. "If it's true that I can't understand his pain unless I experience the darkness he faces, then so be it," she murmured as she secured the blindfold behind her ears. As darkness enveloped her vision, she relied solely on her other senses.

Standing up, Adwita navigated cautiously, extending her hands in front to avoid collisions with walls or furniture. She sought the door, intent on venturing outside her room. Finding the door, she ventured out into the hallway, she walked to the stairs which lead to downstairs, as she found the stairs she took her first step but A moment of miscalculation caused her foot to miss the one step, sending a jolt of panic through her as she struggled to regain her balance. Gripping the railings tightly, she steadied herself, her heart racing in the darkness.

With deliberate care, Adwita proceeded down the stairs, As she reached the bottom of the stairs unharmed, she paused briefly, collecting herself before continuing her journey. Despite the darkness, she continued onward, feeling her way through the familiar yet now unfamiliar surroundings. A moment of misstep caused her to collide with the sofa, a brief jolt of pain shooting through her knee. But she pressed on to find the door.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity in the darkness, Adwita located the door leading outside. She ensured it was securely locked behind her, Adwita continued her journey wearing the blindfold, moving through the unfamiliar place without knowing where she was going. People passing by looked at her strangely, some seeming confused or judgmental. Even though it was uncomfortable being stared at and feeling out of place, Adwita kept going.

The sound of a temple bell caught Adwita's attention, and she followed its calming sound. But to reach the temple, she had to cross a busy road, which was scary with limited vision. Taking small, careful steps, Adwita felt nervous but pushed herself forward.