𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐛𝐢𝐭

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ 0%

Alessandra walked slowly around the open yet quite empty at the moment, bar. She loved this place. It perhaps wasn't a good thing, but her life was absolute garbage, and so she didn't give a sh!t at this point.

Her parents just left her in San Diego, told her to get a job, then a husband, and start a family.

You know what happened? The first guy she thought was the one, took her love as a one night stand. And so she changed.

She gave up having a family, and instead would just go drinking at night and hook up with any guy, and leave them the next morning.

Everyone in the bar knew her, they either loved her or hated her. And every new guy got played by the same old trick.

Sometimes she did think about her actions. That maybe what she was doing was wrong. But every time she wanted to stop, every bit of her body told her no.

That was until today.

She wondered around until her eyes laid on a guy she had never seen before. He had dark black hair and a small stubble.

Hmmm...

Her target was picked.

And so she smiled to herself and walked over to the man, whom was already siping in a drink.

"Hi." She greeted as she stood next to him.

He looked up from his chair and raised his eyebrows. "Um, hey." He said a bit weirdly.

"Can I sit here?"She asked, slowly working herself in.

"Sure," he agreed at first and followed her with confused eyes. "Do I know you?" He then asked.

That was a red flag in her book.

He wasn't drunk enough.

"No, but why not make some new friends?" She smiled sweetly as she set her drink on the table in front of them.

"Oh, okay then." He nodded his head and starred at her for a bit before turning his gaze.

Slowly and hopefully unnoticed by him, she dropped her purse.

"Oh." She said out loud and she turned her seat to go pick it up. And the man did the same...perfect.

He reached down way faster before her and picked up the purse, returning it to her.

"Thank you." She said softly and once again made eye contact.

"You're welcome." He smiled for the first time.

They stayed this way for a while. And something about him made Alessandra feel bad about what she was doing. At least to him.

"Are you sure you don't know me?" He asked her as he tilted his head slightly.

"No, why? Should I?" She was now genuinely confused.

But he smiled widely. "No, you shouldn't." His demeanor had completely changed and he turned over to face her entirely. This was definitely new.

"I'm Tyler." He said and extended his hand out to her.

"Alessandra, but call me whatever." Her voice changed from seductive to nice, yet confused.

"You we're right." He said as he ran a hand through his hair. "Why not make new friends?" He smiled and took a sip of his drink.

Confusion was all that was happening to her. She had picked a very wrong target and now didn't know what she had gotten herself into.

But she looked at Tyler, I suppose, and saw a sense of innocence. So she breathed out and relaxed.

"Y'know, if it's all alright to you, we should hang out." He asked out of sudden.

She was rendered speechless. What was going on?

"Uhh," she started, "Sure."

Why the fuck did she not say "no."

Mentally, she slapped herself in the face. What was wrong with her tonight?

"Great." He said before standing. "Gotta go, I'll see you around." He smiled and gave her a half side hug.

She was slow to respond but still returned the hug. "Okay." Was all she said and tried her best to smile. Taking a hidden picture of him with her phone without him knowing.

Once he was out of sight she ordered three more drinks. Help wash down the stress. She wanted to know who he was.

~

Alessandra laughed out loud as Tyler dropped his drink and it shattered, drawing eyes towards him.

It had been... how long?

Three months since she met Tyler and her had become good friends, to say the least. It was a bit of a shocker to her when he confessed he was a baseball player. Tyler Wade. Played for the San Diego Padres. Practically a celebrity.

Nothing changed between the two other than the fact that she had stopped trying to hook up with him. They hung out almost everyday at the bar, to drink or to not drink, didn't really matter.

"Haha very funny. Go fuck yourself." Tyler mumbled as his cheeks burned red from embarrassment.

"Gladly." She spat out in response.

"Y'know, you should come with me tomorrow." Tyler optioned as he soaked up the last of his drink that he possibly could.

"As much as I wanted to fuck with you before, you're not in that department anymore." She played with her straw.

"Ew, not what I meant." His face cringed. "I meant come with me to one of my games." The waiter came by and he ordered another small drink.

"Thank god." A sigh came from her lips. "Sure, but I better get free access."

"Already on it." He grinned. "You could meet my teammates after." Tilting his head, he eyed her face for any sign of nervousness.

"Okay." She said unphased by the idea of meeting famous baseball players and past all-stars.

"Damn, you're tough to please." His back hit roughly to the face of his chair.

"Oh, I'm pleased, just don't show it." She counted with a small wink. "I got to go, and you should too." Her feet stood her upright, and she spun and clutched her bag.

"Yeah, yeah, note taken." He said as he gave a small wave and watched as she walked out the door.

He really didn't understand how she could go out drinking every night and not get the terrible hungover sickness he got once in a while. But then again her tolerance had probably sky-rocketed at this point.

She was a pretty girl, he'd admit that much, but a bad one too. She needed a life, a purpose, but seemed to be denying any possible opportunity to do so.

I guess it was just gonna take time.

~~~

Okay so I know I know this doesn't have any Fernando in it, but the first chapter will work up to that.

Hope this is going fine so far and I'm also trying to work on the Sunshine book as well so yeah haha.

Love you guys!

XOXO