第十一

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓Chapter Eleven┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

┏┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┓
Chapter Eleven
┗┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┛

Comments motivate me! Do comment as it would mean faster updates ^^

"Y/n."

A soft, sweet voice awoke Y/n from his slumber—and slowly, he forced his eyes open. He was on a bed; in a new room that Dion had carefully prepared for him. He was touched by the gesture; and it warmed his heart immensely to know there was someone who loved him so dearly.

You crawled out from the gutter and wormed your way to corrode our household.

Y/n blinked.

That voice..

Wasn't it from his previous life? Wasn't that...his sister?

Why, of all times? Why was his previous life suddenly flooding in after he died in that car accident? Was there some sort of semblance? Just recently, his memories had been disappearing..

And he would have liked it if it wasn't such a bitter memory—even in his previous life, his sister disliked him greatly. They were always being compared, and even while Y/n was the adopted one, he seemed to be far more superior in terms of abilities.

...Why am I even thinking about this now?

Sometimes Y/n was filled with so much raw emotion he felt as though his guts could have spilled, or burst, through his carved smile. As though his body needed to purge all that was gruesome and disgusting until his core was clean and hollow enough to be worthy of holding Dion's gaze. His core was wretched, having been stained with the hands of a sinner. Loren, Loren, Loren.

"You're frowning," Dion murmured, observing Y/n intently—"is there..anything—anyone bothering you..?"

Y/n smiled weakly at Dion, shaking his head. This was another matter he would ponder over later, including the events of the novel. The fact he had successfully escaped and earned the affections of the Emperor was beyond his comprehension, but the death flag was currently safe from his sight. That meant Aria would have to find another way to secure his funds..

"Nothing," Y/n admitted softly, "I just...you could have been with someone. Anyone better. I fear you will regret the decision you make, even though your love might be strong now."

I was just wondering how I landed with someone like you.

"Am I—truly worthy?" Y/n wondered aloud softly, feeling a soft pang in his heart. Nothing could change that Dion was the Emperor; the most powerful in the nation. And none could deny that Y/n was Soleil Vestalis, the black sheep of the Vestalis Family. None could deny he came from a tainted, corrupted bloodline. None could deny he had achieved such a prestigious position—higher than dukes and duchesses, even—because of Dion's favouritism. The reception he received in the palace was friendly and welcome, but Y/n suspected it was because they had the threat of death looming over their heads.